Ubaldo Jimenez is Consistent

Old#5fan

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's try some patience with him. He was unhittable for the 2nd half of last year. It doesn't matter who is pitching if we can't score.

You don't think hitters press and swing more at bad pitches when they see their pitching getting hammered? It all starts with the starting pitching.

He started spring training late..and he's a notorious slow starter. His mechanics need to be adjusted and Wieters needs to get acquainted with him better. That said, I don't expect a sterling 2014, but I do expect him to be closer to 2013 numbers when it's all said and done.

I'm guessing most people in Cleveland were having the same concerns last year to start the season, no?

I don't care what any of these free agents say they are doing before they agree to a contract and take a physical, I believe they playing xbox until the ink is dry. I hope he gets a bit better as things go along.

Rotoworld:

"It sure is early, but the four-year, $50 million contract the Orioles gave Ubaldo Jimenez contract is already looking like a potential disaster for the club. Jimenez's velocity is down again this year, which is no surprise given that it's dropped one mph annually since 2011. Jimenez had a fine 2013 season anyway thanks to an improved slider. However, so far this year, his command has gone from subpar to awful, and he's giving up tons of flyballs, which is a very bad thing for a Camden Yards pitcher."

But, but, but, it is axiomatic that how a team performs in it's first two weeks is a strong indicator if what to expect for the rest of the season, right?

Maybe not, but I guarantee you one thing, if he doesn't start looking like a serviceable major league starter soon, I personally will be praying he goes on the DL as his being there would be addition by subtraction and that is a fact.

Maybe not, but I guarantee you one thing, if he doesn't start looking like a serviceable major league starter soon, I personally will be praying he goes on the DL as his being there would be addition by subtraction and that is a fact.

*slow clap*

I'll personally be praying that he figures it out and turns it around rather than wishing injury on one of our own players. SMH.

As i said in the other thread he is a career 5.55 era guy in April. The Orioles knew this when they signed him. He has two more starts in April and if he's just decent his era call fall close to his career. The Orioles won't quit on him in a month.

Archived