Tommy Hunter AGAIN!

isestrex

I'm sorry, I still disagree with the decision to bring a player just back from the dl, who has struggled all season long, back on for a second inning after a fairly significant rain delay.

I may be a no nothing message board couch potato, but that was a bad decision. Period. Regardless of the poor offense.

Rain delay was only 21 min. long. It's no different than if the Orioles had batted around in the 7th. I don't have a problem trying to extend Hunter and saving the bullpen in case Norris would have struggled on Saturday.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rain delay was only 21 min. long. It's no different than if the Orioles had batted around in the 7th. I don't have a problem trying to extend Hunter and saving the bullpen in case Norris would have struggled on Saturday.

Good points.

Here's the deal, there are 30 managers and I seriously doubt that all 30 managers would have made the same exact decision regarding Hunter.

I'm fairly sure there is no right or wrong.

I criticize managers all the time, it's my right as a fan. But, I don't know what goes on in the clubhouse.

I make 'my fan decisions' based upon an assumed set of facts. The bottom line is, I don't have the same set of facts that the manager has. The availability and status of every bullpen arm isn't always pubic knowledge.

I don't always agree with Buck, but if there is one area he is really good at it, it's bullpen management.

The bottom line is, I think Buck had his reasons.

Nice post. My opinion almost exactly.

Does that mean he pitched multiple innings? By any chance did he also retire any left handed batters? :eektf:

Pitching Change: Tommy Hunter replaces Kevin Gausman.

1.David DeJesus strikes out swinging.

2.Jerry Sands grounds out, third baseman Manny Machado to first baseman Chris Davis.

3.Yunel Escobar flies out to center fielder Adam Jones.

1.Ryan Hanigan grounds out, third baseman Manny Machado to first baseman Chris Davis.

2.Matt Joyce flies out to center fielder Adam Jones.

3.Kevin Kiermaier grounds out, second baseman Jonathan Schoop to first baseman Chris Davis.

Looks like some lefties to me.

o

(vs. RED SOX, 6/09)

3 up, 3 down.

Does that mean he pitched multiple innings?

By any chance, did he also retire any left handed batters? :eektf:

Indeed, it does.

In fact ......... here is Hunter's game log from 2013:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?id=hunteto02&t=p&year=2013

As another poster stated ........

I just checked the Game Logs for Tommy Hunter dating all the way back to 2012 when he first became a reliever for the Os. I'm seeing a lot of multi-inning appearances accompanied by a zero under the run column.

Someone must be manipulating and altering the boxscores after the fact to cover-up all those shellings. 290sfo5.jpg

Unless somebody is doctoring Hunter's baseball reference player page, he had a bunch of them (multiple inning outings) last year, many of which were scoreless.

Archived