Face it Folks - The Detroit Tigers Are Simply a Much Superior Team to the Orioles

Old#5fan

Now that they have Price I don't see us winning any game against them in the playoffs, but I guess we could get lucky and take one game in the series. I honestly think if the Orioles would take them in the playoffs it would be almost as big an upset as the 69 Mets beating the O's.

You're right. We should probably have traded half the team and packed it in as soon as we heard the possibility of the Tigers landing Price. This season is a lost cause. We should wait until 2016 after Price's contract has run out and he ends up with the Yankees. Well, then we should just give up because we wouldn't even win the division.

Guess there is no point in having a team at all since we are never the clear cut best team in the league. Maybe I should buy tickets to the Baltimore Blast. It's only worth supporting a team if they are the undisputed favorites to win it all.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I think we are a better team than the Tigers. Our record says we are. They have a better offensive team, but we play much better defense, are better at preventing runs, and have a superior bullpen. The Tigers' performance against the Jays this weekend was pretty pathetic. Yes, I like their rotation better, but once their bullpen comes into play they're in trouble.

I think we are a better team than the Tigers. Our record says we are. They have a better offensive team, but we play much better defense, are better at preventing runs, and have a superior bullpen. The Tigers' performance against the Jays this weekend was pretty pathetic. Yes, I like their rotation better, but once their bullpen comes into play they're in trouble.

Maybe a team is better off with #2's and 3's on their staff instead of paying huge amounts of money on three aces, especially if you use the max of about 120 pitches for the ace. Get cheaper guys that give you six innings and spend some money on the bp.

At the rate we take pitches, we should be able to knock Verlander, Scherzer and Price out of the game by the 13th inning. :D

The Tigers performance against the Skankees was equally pathetic if not more pathetic. They could have helped us in beating both of our division foes and they didnt help our cause one bit. Have to get it done ourselves.

The Tigers performance against the Skankees was equally pathetic if not more pathetic. They could have helped us in beating both of our division foes and they didnt help our cause one bit. Have to get it done ourselves.

If we cough up a 6 game lead over the final 45 games then we have bigger issues than the Tigers not "helping our cause". Frankly, I would rather see the Tigers lose so that we get home field advantage in the ALDS.

If we cough up a 6 game lead over the final 45 games then we have bigger issues than the Tigers not "helping our cause". Frankly, I would rather see the Tigers lose so that we get home field advantage in the ALDS.

Go Royals! I hope the Lebron/Wade/Bosh super team of pitchers goes down the toilet.

While true, it would still be nice to see the Skanks lose and lose enough to finish 4th in the division.

May 18, 1997 = last time Baltimore and KC both led their respective divisions.

I honestly would have thought it would have been longer. I'm happy for them though. Nothing against the Tigers personally I guess but I want to see them flop after trading for Price and threads like this that made them out to be this big bad bully that we should all fear.

I honestly would have thought it would have been longer. I'm happy for them though. Nothing against the Tigers personally I guess but I want to see them flop after trading for Price and threads like this that made them out to be this big bad bully that we should all fear.

MCab hasn't been the same since his injuries last year and Verlander is now mediocre.

MCab hasn't been the same since his injuries last year and Verlander is now mediocre.

True, true. But the media were talking about them as WS favorites on the trade deadline and not a peep about us. Since then, we've gained on our opponents while the Tigers have fallen. The Tigers biggest mistake IMO was not trading for pen help at the deadline. They could have used a guy like Miller.

Archived