(Almost) All Things Manny Machado....

EagleOriole

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Schoop's bat might almost play there but his glove at SS wouldn't come close to Hardy's. There are lots of good options if we want to trade Tillman for one, otherwise we will have to settle for a good field no hit type and upgrade with the bat elsewhere.

Sxhoop was originally a SS. When the Os signed him he was a SS in the minors and when Manny came around they moved him to 2B.

Also, there aren't too many SS now whose glove compares to Hardys.

If anything I see Manny moving to short Schoop stays at second and they find a third base.

Sxhoop was originally a SS. When the Os signed him he was a SS in the minors and when Manny came around they moved him to 2B.

If anything I see Manny moving to short Schoop stays at second and they find a third base.

I see Manny never moving off third as an Oriole.

So was Adam Jones So was just about everybody who was any good in HS. Schoop would be a poor SS, IMO. Manny might be as good as Hardy but there is no guarantee. It's a tougher position to play than 3B. He'd still have a learning curve playing SS at the ML level.

I see Manny never moving off third as an Oriole.
I don't as well. We'll probably just keep Hardy. I think DD is playing hardball with JJ. He can take the O's extension offer or go FA with a QO around his neck. The only team willing to pay hin and lose the pick would be the MFY. Some how I don't see them going after Hardy to replace Jeter. More like Hanley to me.

OPS+ of 88 isn't that far out of line with his career numbers. Folks on the OH routinely overate his bat.
Of the 25 SS who qualify Hardy is # 14 in wOBA and #15 in RC+. So not great but more productive than the likes of Jeter, Andrus, Simmons, Cozart, Bogarts, Segura, Lowrie, Escobar, etc. Of that bunch only Cozart has a better UZR.

Archived