Who goes and who stays in 2015

wildcard

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4/50 for Hardy????:eek: surely you've fallen and hit your head. I'd be interested at 3/30 or 2/24... But I'm not committing to that for the 32 year old Hardy.

You thinks that's nuts? Someone proposed 3/50 yesterday. I like JJ but some of the talk about re-signing him is ludicrous.

4M is more than I'm willing to pay for Tommy Hunter.

I think Miller will get at least 3/18. That's more than I'm willing to pay for Andrew Miller.

Bud Norris is absolutely worth the 7.5M I think he'll get next year. But the Orioles don't have deep enough pockets to be paying 7.5M for back of the rotation starters, in my opinion. We're going to have to roll into the year with Tillman, Chen, Jimenez, Gonzo, and KG. Bundy, Wright, Wilson, etc. can serve as depth.

I expect Norris and Lough to be traded in the offseason. Get some cheap bullpen guys maybe. Matusz and Hunter can be non-tendered. I hope to extend Markakis (3/30), Cruz(2/26), and Hardy(4/50). I want both De Aza and Pearce fighting for at bats.

RF Markakis

3B Machado

CF Jones

DH Cruz

1B Davis

C Wieters

LF De Aza/Pearce

SS Hardy

2B Schoop

Flash, Joseph, DeAza/Pearce, some utility guy

That team comes in under 110 by my count.

Nice thoughtful post. I agree with some and some I don't.

Cruz - will probably get 3/50 and not from the O's.

Hardy- I think your 4/50 is about what it will take. The O's need him and I think they get him.

Markakis - Is fading and is probably a 7th place hitter at this point. O's like him and I think they sign him but I think he gets a one or two year contract at 8 or 9M per year.

I agree that Miller get more than the O's will pay.

The O's are not trading Norris IMO. Jimenez will be traded this off season. DD will make it happen. McFarland will become the 6th starter/long reliever next year to begin the season.

I think de Aza is the leadoff hitter vs righthand pitching. Pearce moves to DH to replace Cruz but also play LF/RF/1B when needed.

DD will see who is left in FA in Feb and try to make a impact signing at that time.

JMO

I don't see how they can trade Ubaldo without eating most of his salary. They would be better off trading one of Gonzalez, Tillman or Norris to get something they really need like a SS.

I look for DD to find a trade for another bad contract probably for a little less than the 3/38.75M owed Jimenez. Could be a DH type to fill in for Cruz.

4/50 for Hardy????:eek: surely you've fallen and hit your head. I'd be interested at 3/30 or 2/24... But I'm not committing to that for the 32 year old Hardy.

I haven't, and don't call me Shirley.

Peralta got 4/52 at the same age as Hardy last year. And he was saddled with the suspension stigma and the qualifying offer.

If you think 3/30 gets you JJ Hardy, then you really have no sense of what the market looks like. Hardy is an outstanding player and he'll get paid accordingly.

If that's you're reasoning then you must also advocate trading Chen, Norris, Pearce, Wieters, and Davis.

No, I would advocate a balanced approach. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. That said, I would advocate trading any one or two of the above (except Pearce) for the right return.

I was adamantly against trading Chris Davis at the end of last year, now I sure wish we had.

I haven't, and don't call me Shirley.

Peralta got 4/52 at the same age as Hardy last year. And he was saddled with the suspension stigma and the qualifying offer.

If you think 3/30 gets you JJ Hardy, then you really have no sense of what the market looks like. Hardy is an outstanding player and he'll get paid accordingly.

I think you're about right in terms of what Hardy will get, I just hope it isn't us that gives it to him.

Archived