Who goes and who stays in 2015

wildcard

I still don't see them going with a payroll of 115 million or so which is what they would need to have in order to pay Hardy 15 million and also sign Nick for around 10 million and fill the DH hole. If you let Nick go you have to find someone that can keep a good average and also lead off and play decent defense though range is down he still throws wells and saves runners from taking an extra base.

The best option IMO is to use Bud Norris as trade bait for a young SS or third baseman and resign Nick and then add another outfielder to the team allowing Pearce to move to DH.

I don't buy your payroll estimates. Pointless to make them until the off season. Too much can happen between now and then. We are currently at 107 M, so even if we raised it another 7M I don't see the problem.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The guy that would be leaving would be Hardy not Manny. And it would Hardy's choice to go for higher money. I'm sure the O's would make a reasonable offer.
I don't follow. I am talking about down grading the left side of the IF by not extending Hardy, moving Manny to SS and Schoop to 3B. What are you talking about?

Caleb Joseph has an OPS of .570, a wRC+ of 57, and a wOBA of .258.

He is leading the league in CS% and doing an awesome job behind the plate at a fraction of what Wieters would cost. I would not just give away Wieters but if we could get a prospect to eventually replace JJ or Nick I think it could be worth it to roll with CJ.

He is leading the league in CS% and doing an awesome job behind the plate at a fraction of what Wieters would cost. I would not just give away Wieters but if we could get a prospect to eventually replace JJ or Nick I think it could be worth it to roll with CJ.
Nobody is trading for one year of an expensive C with questionable health issues.

Nobody is trading for one year of an expensive C with questionable health issues.

Oakland traded for one year of Jim Johnson. We didn't get much back but arguably used the salary relief for Nelson Cruz. We are going to have to make some choices. If it is between trading Wieters or letting JJ walk, I am trading Wieters.

Assuming everything stays the same is underrating our front office and Buck. I don't think they are looking at the current situation and worrying about this thread. They are looking at our current situation and seeing how we can get better without giving up the farm. Who we bring in and their contract situation has a lot to do with this.

]Oakland traded for one year of Jim Johnson.[/b] We didn't get much back but arguably used the salary relief for Nelson Cruz. We are going to have to make some choices. If it is between trading Wieters or letting JJ walk' date=' I am trading Wieters.[/quote']

Did Oakland give up anybody worth giving up?

With Wieters spending time on the bench and around the club while injured I have been getting the sense that if the orioles can work out a reasonable deal that he will stay here. I 5th ink he likes the team and coaches. I don't have any proof, it's just a feeling, but I don't think he is going to go to the highest bidder if the orioles make a respectable offer.

Joseph should be given the opportunity to be the backup.

With Wieters spending time on the bench and around the club while injured I have been getting the sense that if the orioles can work out a reasonable deal that he will stay here. I 5th ink he likes the team and coaches. I don't have any proof, it's just a feeling, but I don't think he is going to go to the highest bidder if the orioles make a respectable offer.

I was off the opinion that Wieters wants to stay here, if the numbers could be worked out, and that was before his injury.

But, we are in the minority, most people believe he is only interested in $$$$ and will be in NY soon.

Time shall see, who is right.

Wieters employing Boras as his agent speaks louder to me than any other action that I have seen him make. He will go for the money. If the O's offer something in the competitive range he may stay. If some team offers a much better deal he is gone.

I was off the opinion that Wieters wants to stay here, if the numbers could be worked out, and that was before his injury.

But, we are in the minority, most people believe he is only interested in $$$$ and will be in NY soon.

Time shall see, who is right.

NYY signed McCann, so I am thinking Boston or Texas. :) Really, I don't think it would be a wise decision to invest a lot of dollars in Wieters. How many more years do you really think he will be capable of catching? He is going to be looking for a long term contract. This is best chance to cash in. Even if we could get him at a reasonable dollar amount, it is the number of years for a catcher that is going to keep us from signing him. Do you really want to go 7 to 8 years for a catcher who has already had TJ surgery and has underachieved offensively throughout his career? You can bet Boras will not accept a penny less than McCann's 5 years/$85 million, and will look to get closer to Posey's 9 years/$167 million. Might as well see if we can get some value for him now.

If Cruz finishes top three in the AL MVP voting, and roars through the post-season to a World Series MVP award, is there still virtually no way we keep him? It would be quite the catch-22 - his value would soar with such a performance, but, much like the Ravens' Joe Flacco negotiations a few years ago after a Super Bowl win, the team would be nearly forced to re-sign Cruz, from a PR standpoint... right?

Sorry if someone already mentioned a similar possibility - didn't read through all 9 pages...

8 Suk-min Yoon Stays under contract

This was Yoon's first outing in a month.

o

10 OUTS: 4 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 2 Flyouts, 1 Strikeout, 1 Lineout, 1 Caught Stealing

SUK-MIN YOON O (vs. AAA-Rochester, 7/19)

IP:. 3.33

H:o 2 (2 Singles)

R:O 0

BB: 1

SO: 1

Pitches: 42 (25 Strikes, 17 Balls)

2014 ERA: 5.51 (AAA-Norfolk)

PITCHES BY INNING

14 (91 Strikes, 5 Balls)

15 (81 Strikes, 7 Balls)

11 (71 Strikes, 4 Balls)

21 (11 Strikes, 1 Balls) *

* Yoon recorded 1 out before departing in the 4th inning.

• 3 weeks later...

o

7 of the 13 outs that Bundy recorded were strikeouts.

One of the strikeouts was a 15-pitch plate appearance by Yandy Diaz in the top of the 3rd inning.

13 OUTS: 7 Strikeouts, 4 Groundouts, 2 Flyouts

DYLAN BUNDY O (vs. Advanced-A Carolina, 8/05)

IP:. 4.33

H:o 5 (2 Doubles, 3 Singles)

R:O 0

BB: 0

SO: 7

Pitches: 73 (51 Strikes, 22 Balls)

2014 ERA: 4.78 (Advanced-A Frederick)

PITCHES BY INNING

13 (91 Strikes, 4 Balls)

11 (91 Strikes, 2 Balls)

21 (15 Strikes, 6 Balls)

14 (10 Strikes, 4 Balls)

14 (81 Strikes, 6 Balls) *

* Bundy recorded 1 out before departing in the 5th inning.

Archived