Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

Precisely how I feel. Ed rod has been thoroughly mediocre all season at AA. No guarantee he will ever be a solid major league contributor.

I totally support this trade. Miller is nasty and gives buck yet another weapon.

Seems that part of the plan is to draft a ton of pitching prospects and sell off the moderate ones in trades to fill needs.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There might also be some concern about Britton getting tired out from all of these close games. This is his first full year as a reliever. Another excellent reliever can allow you to rest him a little more.

You do understand how the Save Rule works right? I guess Buck could bring Britton in after 2 outs or something.

Definitely a great bullpen piece; will be very useful come playoff time. Probably limited impact in regular season unless his workload is increased.

Stotle, what is your view of E-Rod and his potential?

I hear ya, but neither pitcher is (hopefully) going to see much action now that we've got two lock-down lefties in Britton and Miller. I really don't see Matusz making the team in 2015 though.

Britton is not a lefty. Britton is a closer. We needed Miller. Because Britton has to close and can not be used in other situations.

Britton is not a lefty. Britton is a closer. We needed Miller. Because Britton has to close and can not be used in other situations.

Miller is also a fall-back closer plan IMO. Injury...ineffectiveness..whatever...

Archived