Jim Johnson released by the A's (Signed by Detroit)

xian4

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are a team that plays A LOT of close games, no thanks.

There's a reason we got rid of him and there's a reason Oakland doesn't want him anymore. Dude can't get the job done.

We got rid of him because he was going to make too much money. I mean sure anyone with sense could see regression coming but not to the degree it has.

What I don't think you understand is that, in baseball, they expand the rosters in September. Johnson can get called up and sit on the bench for all the close games and not hurt anything.

I guess he could get into a close game if one went say 15 innings.

I guess JJ stinking up the joint this year and last isn't enough for some O's fans. I DO NOT want to see JJ trying to hold leads late in games in September.
What makes you think Buck would use him to hold a lead late in a game?
He's a reliever, right? HE WILL have to hold down leads OR keep the games close at some time or another.

If he can't do that, why do we need him?

Eat innings.

Mostly induce a ground ball as a situational guy. Like Webb. ;)

We got rid of him because he was going to make too much money. I mean sure anyone with sense could see regression coming but not to the degree it has.

What I don't think you understand is that, in baseball, they expand the rosters in September. Johnson can get called up and sit on the bench for all the close games and not hurt anything.

He can be a fun guy for his friends for all I care. Make them happy to see him. Bring him snacks.

We are a team that plays A LOT of close games, no thanks.

There's a reason we got rid of him and there's a reason Oakland doesn't want him anymore. Dude can't get the job done.

Ever see a game that we were losing by a few runs?

I think our bullpen is solid. We need hitting at this point.

There is no hitting. At all. Most of the guys stopped using that stuff since Bio-Genesis. That was all in 2012 BTW. There has been offensive regression since.

In September we likely will bring up 4 or 5 relievers, whether you think we should or not. I think we should bring up the best ones. It's possible that JJ could be one of them after a few weeks in Norfolk. Or, maybe he doesn't make the grade. No harm in finding out.

Archived