Jim Johnson released by the A's (Signed by Detroit)

xian4

What if he just stays home until September? At our Sarasota facility.

If he wants to be on a major league club in September he is going to have to pitch in a league higher than GCL in August. He could start in Sarasota but I would think he will have to be traveling somewhere.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's his agent's job to check with the other 29 teams (that aren't the A's) and see what kind of interest they have and communicate that interest to JJ. Assuming there is some interest, he will instruct his agent how to proceed.

Or he may call his agent and say..."I'm in Sarasota. Do the paperwork with the Orioles.

One of them is. But they only pay the minimum. So it is really not much of anything.

And does he take a ML deal knowing he may not be right mechanically instead of signing with us? We're likely to be much more in his comfort zone after the year he's had. He knows Buck never wanted him to be gone.

I don't think money is the issue with Jim. He is going to collect 3M for the rest of the year know matter who pays it.

I think its does he want the comfort of being with the O's who know him or is he willing to go some where else to be in the the majors in August.

The O's can pretty much guarantee him a spot of the 40 man roster and to be with the O's in Baltimore after September 1st. Its his playing time that will depend on how well he pitches.

Archived