If we were fortunate enough to make the World Series, how would you feel about playing the Nats?

Frobby

I don't care who the O's beat to become World Champions.

Obviously, the strongest reactions seem to be coming from the Oriole fans who live in the DC area or south, where loyalties are up for grab. Wearing my 2014 World Champions t-shirt around DC would be extra sweet if we beat the Nats to win it.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obviously, the strongest reactions seem to be coming from the Oriole fans who live in the DC area or south, where loyalties are up for grab. Wearing my 2014 World Champions t-shirt around DC would be extra sweet if we beat the Nats to win it.

That's a fair point.

Though Baltimore born, I've been in Fairfax for a few years... and I honestly don't know that I could bear all of these fake Nats fans if they made the series or, worse, beat the Orioles in it. I'm much happier in a final solution that ends with Washington making a quick first-round exit and having nothing else to say.

revenge against Pittsburgh would also be nice.

Buccos probably won't make it but on the subject of revenge. How about the Brewers? I wasn't around for '82 but I'm sure it would be a nice bit of revenge to get them back for ruining Earl's retirement year and Cal's rookie year.

Put it all on the line. The team that wins the world series gets 100% ownership of MASN. The losing team will receive $20 million in rights fees each year. This deal will remain in effect until the next time the two teams meet in the World Series.

This is when the Orioles' secret weapon will become a major factor...

Exactly what I was thinking.

My co-worker is a die hard Nats fan with the Orioles as his second love. He told me last week that if the Nats lost to the O's in the World Series he would still be extremely happy. In his mind, both teams winning the pennant is all that matters.

That's cute, but I don't share his sentiments. I will be crushed if the Orioles lose in the WS to the "Natinals." He does have a point, however, in that both teams winning the pennant would be huge for this area. Everything from the boost for the local economies, to DC paying more attention to baseball than football, to Tom Boswell having his hands fall off from writing 10,000 word columns after every game...

The Redskins might actually have cause for fear...

If we were fortunate enough to make the World Series,

STOP right there. I would be in heaven. 1983, 1979, 1971, 1970, 1969. Those years cover my early child hood and my freshman year of college. If we were fortunate enough to make the World Series it wouldn't matter who we played, but I would want to close the deal. For added sweetness, I would enjoy swatting the Nat's or the Dodgers. But I'd be just as happy beating anyone else.

GO ORIOLES

Put it all on the line. The team that wins the world series gets 100% ownership of MASN. The losing team will receive $20 million in rights fees each year. This deal will remain in effect until the next time the two teams meet in the World Series.

This is when the Orioles' secret weapon will become a major factor...

In 1983 and 1984, the Philadelphia Stars had just made it to the U.S.F.L. Championship game (1983), and then won the U.S.F.L. Championship game (1984.)

At the time, the Philadelphia Eagles were an average team, but in a superior league (the N.F.L.)

There was talk (half-serious, half-kidding) about having a showdown game between the two teams, with $10 Million going to the loser ...... to get out of town.

In 1983 and 1984, the Philadelphia Stars had just made it to the U.S.F.L. Championship game (1983), and then won the U.S.F.L. Championship game (1984.)

At the time, the Philadelphia Eagles were an average team, but in a superior league (the N.F.L.)

There was talk (half-serious, half-kidding) about having a showdown game between the two teams, with $10 Million going to the loser ...... to get out of town.

Haha, only in Philadelphia would a team that had just been to the Super Bowl three years prior get that kind of treatment from its hometown fans.

Haha, only in Philadelphia would a team that had just been to the Super Bowl three years prior get that kind of treatment from its hometown fans.

I would love to have seen a winner-take-all game (for the Memorial Stadium lease) between the 1995 CFL champion Baltimore Stallions and the crappy 1995 Cleveland Browns.

I love my 'Vens, but as a Stallions fan prior to their arrival I'm still butthurt that a championship team got kicked out of its lease and had to leave town the way they did.

Id thoroughly enjoy it, but my wallet wouldn't.

Orioles would be highly favorited especially due to "home field" advantage at home and on the road...

Unless the O's have some crazy amazing finish and end up with 100 wins, the Nats would be favored against us. Our SPs are pretty good right now but Strasburg/ZImmermann/Fister/Roark is better, and people love to pick the top rotations in the postseason.

Archived