If we were fortunate enough to make the World Series, how would you feel about playing the Nats?

Frobby

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I welcome it. For one, I think we can beat them in a high stakes series and honestly I think we could create homefield advantage at Nats Park. I've been to both parks. There's no comp in the energy level for the fans. Ours are much more devouted and loud. Nats fans aren't like that. They're not bad fans so I don't mean that but they don't get into it like how ours do.

Note to MLB Network, each team resides on separate beltways, not one beltway.

The Post has been having fun with this. Also had a front page article on Tuesday about a Nats-O's series.

The possibilities are endless. ?Beltway Series is probably the most popular choice, especially among non-critical thinkers who blithely ingest the mindless sludge fed to them by major national sports networks. The reason this doesnt work is because there are two Beltways, and they dont have much to do with each other, and so Beltways Series would make more sense, but that sounds stupid.

(I mean, Houston has a Beltway. Would an Astros-Nats series be a Beltway Series? Why not just call it a City Series? A Municipality Series? A Series Between Two Baseball Teams.)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/09/17/should-a-nats-orioles-world-series-be-the-beltway-series-the-parkway-series-or-something-else/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/washington-nationals-baltimore-orioles-on-cusp-of-clinching-spots-in-mlb-playoffs/2014/09/15/4d9ae814-3aa5-11e4-bdfb-de4104544a37_story.html

It seems like every time we get a national spotlight, the Nats hone in. 2012 resurgence, clinching the east. I really wish they would just go away. Of course the idea of home field advantage for all games is enticing.

Not sure how they are honing in it.

They have had more success in the last three seasons, than the Birds have.

Archived