If we were fortunate enough to make the World Series, how would you feel about playing the Nats?

Frobby

I have this feeling that if we play the Nats, we are going to kick their butts. Not just saying that, I just have a feeling that the Orioles have the way better bats. I am even going to go far enough to say this is my prediction for who will meet in the world series. And I would love to see it go far into the series, unfortunately I feel this Orioles sweep coming if it happens! I almost would rather have a greater challenge having to face the Dodgers, who I think would match up way better with the O's.

Right now, I just want to see us beat the Tigers and Royangels. I'll worry about the NL when we get there.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right now, I just want to see us beat the Tigers and Royangels. I'll worry about the NL when we get there.

Right. I expect this Detroit series to start real tough. I think Detroit is thinking they can take both at Camden Yards with their pitching, so I think the first step is to get at least 1 of these first 2 in the win column. If we do that then we are setting ourselves up well in Detroit.

As for the Royals-Angels, I think the Angels will do just fine. Maybe it will take them 5 games, but I expect them to win. And we have great success with the Angels, so it could be a nice potential match up for us.

When, not if, when the O's get to the world series, it's simply who is the hottest team at the moment. Doesn't matter who the opponent is. No matter who they play, starting pitchers need to pitch deep into games, the bullpen need to be lights out, the defense cant make careless errors and the offense needs to be alive. Today, though is game 1 of the ALDS... just have to take one game at a time and not wonder what team the O's will face next. Doesn't matter. Now...a little over one hour until game time. Let's go O's!!!!

o

The Nationals are out.

If the Orioles do make it to the World Series this season, their opponent will be either the Cardinals or the Giants.

Your prediction is still in play. Hopefully the WS score is inverted though. :)

o

The Nationals are out.

If the Orioles do make it to the World Series this season, their opponent will be either the Cardinals or the Giants.

Kind of scary given the WS experience those teams have had the last 6 years or so.

The Nats choked again and lost. What a punk Bryce is yelling out at the pitcher after his homerun. What a classless bunch of

garbage over there.

I don't agree with your assessment of the team as a whole, but Bryce Harper is a jerk. Maybe he'll grow out of it, but I doubt it.

F the Nats; glad they're done. A small part of me was hoping they'd win so the O's would basically get 7 home games in the WS, but DC showed once again that they're a team built for the regular season, not the playoffs. Great starting pitching isn't everything...

F the Nats; glad they're done. A small part of me was hoping they'd win so the O's would basically get 7 home games in the WS, but DC showed once again that they're a team built for the regular season, not the playoffs. Great starting pitching isn't everything...

They scored the third most runs in the NL, and were particularly strong offensively in the second half. But they looked anemic versus the Giants.

They scored the third most runs in the NL, and were particularly strong offensively in the second half. But they looked anemic versus the Giants.

Reminding me a little of the Orioles in 2012 and how their bats went cold against the Tigers.

I wouldn't personally beatup on the Nationals. They wouldn't be the first team to have a very good regular season not go well for them in the playoffs. I think the Dodgers are in a similar boat.

Seven home games in the Worlds Series would have been a nice boon. However, I'm pleased the gNats are done. I'm tired of splitting MASN and local coverage with them. This year belongs to the Orioles. ONLY the Orioles. Not the gNats and the Orioles.

Also, while I'm pretty confident the Os would have destroyed the gNats in the World Series, I can't think of a worse fate than losing to that team and its pathetic fan base.

Archived