Manny Machado expected to have surgery on knee within a week.

Greg

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: Manny Machado expected to have surgery on knee within a week. Likely lost for the season. Big hit for O's.</p>— Tim Brown (@TBrownYahoo) <a href="
">August 22, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>LA orthopedic surgeon Dr. Neal ElAttrache, who did surgery on Machado's left knee in '13, expected to do surgery on right.</p>— Tim Brown (@TBrownYahoo) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Upside on Machado surgery: Small abnormality found in left knee also exists in right. That will be fixed during surgery.</p>— Tim Brown (@TBrownYahoo) <a href="

Not surprised the last media meeting with Manny sounded bad. The kid is a wonderful talent, but there's NO way I want to see us LOSE HARDY, and put him at SS I have to see a FULL SEASON or 2 with NO knee surgery before I would even consider him at SS.

RESIGN Hardy DD! :D

I'm so sick of getting rosy projections from the Orioles' medical staff when Orioles players get hurt. They have zero credibility at this point.

They really said nothing about this. The whole thing was like a guarded secret. They said all along he might need surgery for what happened last year, that was always possible. I am more pissed about how the info that keeps coming out isn't from the team directly.

That was the first name that came to mind. The uproar would be deafening.

This is the year for the Orioles we can't have Davis at 3B to end the year.

I think weams pointed out already that we cannot trade him he would have to go through waivers and would never make it.

How? Bundy has very little services time.

And what do you do with Beltre in 2015? Move Machado to SS? $18M salary in 2015 means at least one, if not two, of our free agents are gone.

Not against it but lot of logistics to figure out besides this year. And how you make the pot sweet enough for the Rangers to pull the trigger on moving what little offense they do have.

Does he have a no trade clause? Could always deal him in the off season. I really doubt anything happens.

I blame the Oriole Doc's they knew this last week i bet.

Even if they did, probably wouldn't have changed the outcome to his recovery.

Still, I wouldn't mind a 3rd opinion from someone not named ElAttrache.

Buck hates that guy.

Archived