vs. RAYS, 9/05

OFFNY

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only thing that bothers me about losing this game (because every team loses games) is that the loss falls squarely on the Orioles' "B" squad. Webb and Meek were in the minors for most of the season for a reason.

See, that's the thing that doesn't bother me about this game. If the O's lose, they will have lost because of a bunch of pitchers who won't be on their postseason roster anyway. Kind of like in spring training, where the O's lose with a bunch of players who aren't going to make their major league roster.

I think this was just one of those nights when we weren't going to score even if the game went 20 innings.

I think it is a pretty harmless loss since NY lost. And if Boston can steal this game in the 9th, then the division will look the same as it did this morning.

Look at the bright side.....we don't have to see that MF Cobb until 2015. I would rather face Kershaw than deal with this dude again. Dammit he kills our hitters. I still remember that game he threw at us at the end of 2012....we literally stopped hitting after that.

See, that's the thing that doesn't bother me about this game. If the O's lose, they will have lost because of a bunch of pitchers who won't be on their postseason roster anyway. Kind of like in spring training, where the O's lose with a bunch of players who aren't going to make their major league roster.

Yeah, I can see both sides. I just don't like handing the Rays an easier path after Chen (and the defense, mostly) gutted out a strong 7+ innings. If it refreshes the "real" bullpen for more important games going forward, fine. But it's just a little irksome tonight.

Archived