Hardy having MRI on back tomorrow in Baltimore

Greg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hardy having MRI on back tomorrow in Baltimore</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">September 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not good folks.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hardy doesn't sound concerned. Said not spasms. Muscles not tightening. Just a little soreness still and may as well get MRI</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hope is Hardy can be back for Yankees DHer on Friday after off day but Buck said don't hold Os to that.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hardy gets routine check up. Half of OH explodes.</p>— Not Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hardy gets routine check up. Half of OH explodes.</p>— Not Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

Well man, losing Manny is going to hurt in the playoffs and hurt big.

Losing Hardy, would be a fatal blow so I wouldn't call it overreacting.

Injuries have a great way of ruining sports. Every team has them, but it would be nice to not live in fear all season that your players will get hurt. We might as well just assume every important player we have will get hurt and just award the World Series trophy to the healthiest team in baseball.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Rutschman is probably the poster child for our increasingly free-swinging ways.  There was a little blurb in Dan Szymborski's chat regarding his free swinging ways, and Dan felt like it was a conscious decision to swing at more marginal pitches.  I took a more careful look at the swing/take data and I think the data does support that, and I think Rutschman is overall a bit more valuable swinging away at marginal pitches.   You can see the change in his swing decisions on pitches in the shadow zone.  He's actually making solid contact with these pitches at a high enough rate that it's been worth it to lose some plate discipline.
    • So you can post things about me like "Please stop talking about you.  No one gives a f*** about anything to do with your life, your bowling ball, your wife or anything else you try to pat yourself on the back about.  Your life is meaningless to the rest of us.".   And you said how dumb I am.  When I hadn't mentioned ANY of that in the post that you were responding to. Nothing.    I was talking about ORIOLES.  But I can't reply to any of that?  I never get personal until I am got personal with. You went there. I will tell you what....sports guy.  Post your pic.  Any pic. I will post mine....and I have...it is right in my avi. Because I know exactly what you look like. My guess is that you never will.   And we all know why.
    • It's a snapshot on a random day. Dodgers won 100 games last season, which was the third most in the league.
    • Somehow I had a feeling you would discount the accomplishments of a female athlete. Of course at no point did I begin to suggest they could compete against males.  That has nothing to do with how they were raised with a singular purpose to dominate in a single sport.
    • The Mariners and Dbacks made a major league trade last year of two contending teams.   The Mariners sent there closer for Josh Rojas a middle infielder and Dominic Canzone an outfielder.  Both the guys the Mariners aquired played a lot down the stretch.      I think with the exter wild cards and more teams in contention with playoffs there will be more of these type trades.  Maybe not someone as good as Seward was for the Mariners but solid relief guys for a position of need.  
    • The Williams sisters got destroyed by the 700th ranked men's tennis players in the world.  DESTROYED.  They have no chance.    Please do not compare men's and women's sports.  I played tennis my entire life, including at a Big 10 school, and the difference between men and women in sports is not EVEN in the same universe.  I would have to downsize my game 50% just so I could hit with them on a somewhat even basis.    But of course you like to make statements that are twilight zone stuff. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now