Potential Rain Out on Thursday

Crazysilver03

The weather models have brought a coastal storm pretty far westward for Wednesday night into Friday morning for the Mid-Atlantic and NYC region. The Os should be fine to get in Wednesday's game but Thursday's could get dicey.

As much as it would be fun (or suck depending on your view) to have Jeter's last home game rained out, I am left wondering if it might force the Orioles into a position where a make up game has to happen on Monday. Would there be any reason we would have to make up this rainout?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The weather models have brought a coastal storm pretty far westward for Wednesday night into Friday morning for the Mid-Atlantic and NYC region. The Os should be fine to get in Wednesday's game but Thursday's could get dicey.

As much as it would be fun (or suck depending on your view) to have Jeter's last home game rained out, I am left wondering if it might force the Orioles into a position where a make up game has to happen on Monday. Would there be any reason we would have to make up this rainout?

Won't be made up unless the O's are in contention for best record or Yankees in contention for Wild card.

Like to beat them tonight and Wednesday so they can make it a quick call on a rain out for Thursday

Won't be made up unless the O's are in contention for best record or Yankees in contention for Wild card.

Like to beat them tonight and Wednesday so they can make it a quick call on a rain out for Thursday

But...but....but.....JETER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know the deal. We are Orioles fans and are supposed to hate all things Yankees. I get it and usually agree.

That said, it would be a real shame if Jeter's last home game gets rained out. I hope if the weather forecast is indeed that bad that the Yankees have enough sense to "honor" him on Wednesday night rather than waiting until Thursday.

I know the deal. We are Orioles fans and are supposed to hate all things Yankees. I get it and usually agree.

That said, it would be a real shame if Jeter's last home game gets rained out. I hope if the weather forecast is indeed that bad that the Yankees have enough sense to "honor" him on Wednesday night rather than waiting until Thursday.

They all ready "honored" him. Cal attended for us.

o

I was at the game yesterday.

It was the end of an era.

Adam Jones swore that he would never take another dump in the Yankee Stadium men's room again, unless they had those protective covers to keep the coating dry for when people piss on the seats.

No.

That would be akin to insisting that a team that has already lost a game, pitch (and play) an additional half inning in the bottom of the 9th inning for some ulterior purpose, such as giving a batter on the home team a chance to get his 3,000th hit of his career, 100th R.B.I. of the season, etc.

Besides, even if the league tried to force a situation like that, there is no way that Showalter would have his team board a bus to New York City and play a game on what is supposed to be a day off for them heading into the postseason.

I dont think it would be a shame at all. The guy announced his retirement so he could get attention all year long. IMO, it would be fitting!

Archived