I'm glad we got KC

isestrex

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The regular season series vs K.C was certainly tougher than the Angels and man they're red hot. Better keep the homers coming because it looks like they're going to catch anything that doesn't go out. Should really be interesting. Speed-defense-good rotation-great bullpen vs Power-defense-good rotation-great bullpen. Will probably come down to a play here or there.

I don't think those games are very relevant to the teams that stand today - and the Angels games (vs O's) were down to the wire in most games. Both teams (KC & BAL) went on a tear after the All-Star game and in no way resemble those teams in April/May/June when they faced off.

A good point in stating that there will be no easy runs outside of the long-ball. You can't rely on missed plays in the field and bad base-running.

I'm not worried about the Royals. I know they've had some magic recently, but I look at the team and they don't scare me... while the Angels did. Having homefield advantage against the Royals is just an added bonus.

I'm with you. We're tighter in the field, tighter in the bullpen and go much deeper than 2 starters as the Angles did. And we hit better pitching than what we will face. And playing at home will be a bonus. To me, this is the team we wanted. I see us marching towards the WS.

I was scared of Anaheim more than anyone else, too. I remember what Jered Weaver did to us the first time we faced him this year, watching him throw his 82 mph slop fastball past us was infuriating, I didn't want to face that guy.

KC is really hot, they're playing over their heads. Maybe that's a bad thing, but I like our chances better against them.

I'm not worried about the Royals. I know they've had some magic recently, but I look at the team and they don't scare me... while the Angels did. Having homefield advantage against the Royals is just an added bonus.

This time of year, you worry about any opponent. They're all good teams and they're all fresh from beating another good team. Anything can happen in a matchuplike that.

1. Showalter is one of the best managers in the game... Ned Yost is one of the worst.

2. No power in the KC lineup which won't play well in Camden.

3. Speed is a huge part of their game but they've faced the 3rd and 7th worst teams at throwing runners out. Expect to see a lot more Caleb (23 of 57 for 40.3%) than Hundley (5 of 27 for 18.5%) in this series.

4. Trout destroys low pitching and I was deathly afraid of him vs Britton in the series.

5. Home field advantage remains with us throughout the playoffs thanks to KC being the lower seed and Mike Trout's heroics in the All Star Game (thanks man!)

Obviously they still have several strengths and could still beat the Orioles. But I think we match up much better against the Royals.

...and #1 can't be emphasized enough. Buck ran circles around Ausmus, and Yost is far worse.

I apologize if this has already been addressed - but how on God's Green Earth is Yost a worse manager than Ausmus? And how is Yost a bad manager in general? Didn't he just lead the Royals to the ALCS and past LAA with far inferior talent?

I think the Os had a better chance against LAA. They have a weaker Pen and OF is a lot slower than KCs. KC is built veru similar to the Os and I believe this will be a very good series.

I think the Os have a little more power and an edge in overall pitching. Say Os in 6.

I'm not worried about anyone's outfield speed, honestly. We all know the O's score their runs by hitting the ball where no outfielder can catch it. That's either going to happen... or it's not.

The Royals will be a very formidable opponent. They have terrific pitching up and down.We historically don't hit Shields well, and Ventura completely shut us down during the season.Then theres Vargas, Duffy, and even Guts who pitched well against us. Their pen is probably as good or better than ours. They run like hell and defend all day. I think this will be a very tight series and it could go 7. Fasten your seat belts.

Agree with this. Should be a very entertaining and long series. I say it goes 7 as well.

I was genuinely afraid of LA smacking a ton of homers in baltimore like the Tigers did, but with KC I'm worried that our starters are going to have to win the game because their bullpen is similar to ours and its going to be tough for some late inning heroics.

Also does anyone have stats on Adam Jones vs. KC pitching? Lord knows were going to need him NOW

KC seems to have a team of destiny vibe, which scares me. Also with their bullpen and defense, they might be able to out-Oriole the Orioles. But the O's do seem to have huge advantages in power and managerial acumen, so hopefully that will be enough.

If the starting pitching in on the mark, the O's should be able to command this series. You can't steal first.

Archived