Jim Presley no longer hitting coach.

Greg

<iframe height="212" title="Embedded Tweet" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border-radius: 5px; width: 500px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: static; min-width: 220px; max-width: 99%; box-shadow: 0px 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.15);" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8" async=""></script>

<iframe height="188" title="Embedded Tweet" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-1" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border-radius: 5px; width: 500px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: static; min-width: 220px; max-width: 99%; box-shadow: 0px 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.15);" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8" async=""></script>

I'll take this opportunity to say that (more-or-less) none of us have any idea who would be a good hitting coach. And that some segment of the board will be bitterly disappointed when whomever is the new coach doesn't get Adam Jones and Jonathan Schoop to walk 85 times next year.<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Duquette never seemed like the type to blame coaching for the existing attributes of the players he mainly acquired. Duquette doesn't follow Trea's twitter account.
Yep. When I read the news I immediately tought a little boy in Maine just got an extra Christmas present.

#onehandclapping

I don't think so. Buck stated a long time ago that his entire staff had been invited back.

Buck is a professional. He is never going to throw anyone under the bus. Our pitching drastically improved from last season with new blood, I believe they are thinking the same here. It will be an external candidate, watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>A name to speculate on for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> hitting coach could be Rudy Jaramillo, who was Buck Showalter's hitting coach with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rangers?src=hash">#Rangers</a>.</p>— Rich Dubroff (@RichDubroffCSN) <a href="

">November 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Buck is a professional. He is never going to throw anyone under the bus. Our pitching drastically improved from last season with new blood, I believe they are thinking the same here. It will be an external candidate, watch.

Most of those guys had a track record. Chen, Gonzalez, and Tillman had all had varying levels of success before Wallace got here, not to mention several guys in the pen. Not to take anything away from Wallace and Chiti, the success spoke for itself and their reputable baseball guys. But, lets not make it sound like the Orioles didn't already have talent or guys who'd had some level of success at the big league level.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>A name to speculate on for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> hitting coach could be Rudy Jaramillo, who was Buck Showalter's hitting coach with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rangers?src=hash">#Rangers</a>.</p>— Rich Dubroff (@RichDubroffCSN) <a href="
">November 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's not even Thursday and already we're getting a throw back name. The board used to drool over Jaramillo every offseason even if he wasn't on the market.

<iframe src='http://m.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=5583247&topic_id=6479266&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Rudy. Rudy.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cCsc_pYIk-I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So, you think they renewed Presley's contract and then fired him because Buck is a professional? Professional what?

No. This is not accurate.

Archived