Jim Presley no longer hitting coach.

Greg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jaramillo's currently unemployed and presumably knows what year it is. Also he speaks Spanish which will be very useful when we sign Tomas to play RF. I would be very happy if Jaramillo became hitting coach for the O's.

Yo creo en oscilaciones agresivas en la zona de strike . Creo que los dos primeros stikes pertenecen a el bateador. Hay una escasez de power righhanded en la MLB actualmente . Swing duro en caso de llegar a algo.

I talked once with Jim Thome about hitting. He certainly has the knowledge base to be a great coach.

I guess the question might be..."I made $142,711,667 in my career. Do I really want to be freezing in Cleveland in April?" He would be great, but I doubt we could entice him to take the job.

Yeah, I hope it was a mutual decision. Don't think Pressley was a particularly good hitting coach, but don't really think hitting coaches have that much impact.

He probably needed to get Schoop trending in the correct direction to save his job, and Schoop was really struggling at the end of the year.

His batting stats as a player are pretty similar to the teams. Lots of home runs and terrible OBP. So it seems like he might have had some effect on the team.

His batting stats as a player are pretty similar to the teams. Lots of home runs and terrible OBP. So it seems like he might have had some effect on the team.

Charlie Lau hit .255/.318/.365 and was one of the best hitting coaches of the 70s and 80s. Walt Hriniak had 111 major league PAs and a .253 slugging percentage, and he, too, was a very well-respected hitting coach for a very long time. I think it's a rather simplistic look at patterns to think MLB slash lines correspond to how one performs as a hitting coach. Rudy Jaramillo had the advantage of never having played major league baseball, so his abilities as a coach are almost limitless.

For $142M you can buy a lot of Oriole-badged wool hats and layers.

If i were him, i would be on the beach having beautiful girls bring me drinks with little hats, rather than watching Jonathan Schoop swing at balls bouncing three feet in front of home...but that's just me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived