Official Winter Meetings Thread

weams

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What did Dan say Zippo nothing. Standing pat have good farm system good Pitchers. Never said we wasn't leaving never said he liked it in Baltimore.

Why does he have to say he isn't leaving? If he wants to leave, he can leave. He's not an Orioles fan, he's a front office executive who would be just as happy working for any other team, especially if they are going to pay him more money and give him more control. I don't hold that against him.

BTW, Rosenthal is reporting that the Jays president is sticking around for another year so this is probably all moot anyway.

So what really seems to be shining through is that the Orioles will get one OF/DH type and a couple bullpen arms, and anyone else would be through a minor league deal. So far when Dan has delivered a message, he's followed through. So I'm expecting those moves and I do not expect a large contract coming to town.

So what really seems to be shining through is that the Orioles will get one OF/DH type and a couple bullpen arms, and anyone else would be through a minor league deal. So far when Dan has delivered a message, he's followed through. So I'm expecting those moves and I do not expect a large contract coming to town.

The O's have a lot of arbitration eligible players. Merely retaining their services will cause an increase in payroll.

What did Dan say Zippo nothing. Standing pat have good farm system good Pitchers. Never said we wasn't leaving never said he liked it in Baltimore.

He also didn't say this:

"I hate Baltimore, the city, the fans, the organization. I'm just here running out the string until I can polish up the 10 year gap on my resume and then, I'm headed to NYC where my talents and charming personality will be.....more finely appreciated you know, monetarily."

So there is that! :)

I don't know why I refresh twitter every 5 minutes to see if the Orioles made any moves, or if any rumors have sprouted up. I'm fooling myself.

From some accounts (I don't know how to copy a tweet into here) it looks like the Padres are closer to getting Kemp. Hoped to land him, but looks like were out on that. Atlanta can't have every one of our prospects so thats out. Here's to Adam trying to cover center and right field

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>liriano has deal with pirates. expected to be $39M, 3 yrs. robert murray 1st</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

">December 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Does this set the market for Chen?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>liriano has deal with pirates. expected to be $39M, 3 yrs. robert murray 1st</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

Does this set the market for Chen?

Sounds about right. One reason why I'd look to move him now...but only for a very nice return.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>No secret that <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> would be willing to listen to offers on Matusz. O's believe he could have added value if teams see him as a starter.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

Very likely to get a pick out of it when he leaves. Combine that with his value to us this year, and it probably makes sense to hold on to him.

Yeah...that's why I said for only a "very nice return". Doubtful that you could get a nice return for him, though I think I would have done the Kendrick deal if it was really available. His bat would have been nice in our lineup.

Archived