Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This seems pretty simple to me.

Dan is employed by the owner of a high profile law firm. He has a four year contract. If he doesn't want a huge law suit he has to keep doing his job until the end for the contract.

Angelos will denied the Blue Jays to talk to Dan considering the impact it will have on the Orioles operation.

Peter will promise Dan that they will sit down and talk about expanded responsibles, title and money at the appropriate time.

MacPhail was President of Baseball operations. There is a title set above Dan's current position under the Angelos.

As someone else mentioned, the Blue Jays gave us permission to speak to La Cava about a "promotion". Sure, Angelos can deny permission, but it wouldn't be cricket.

Promsing to sit down and talk about expanded responsibilities while denying Duquette the possibility to make tons more money with the Jays? Yeah, sounds real simple.

:rolleyes:

Sounds reall simple with the White Sox and Ken Williams so far too. The only way it's real simple is if Duquette comes out and says he's not interested and takes himself out of the running.

It really is pretty simple. The O's can just say no. DD signed a contract. What's DD gonna do, stop doing his job to the best of his abilities? Then he will be right back where he was four years ago.

As someone else mentioned, the Blue Jays gave us permission to speak to La Cava about a "promotion". Sure, Angelos can deny permission, but it wouldn't be cricket.

Promsing to sit down and talk about expanded responsibilities while denying Duquette the possibility to make tons more money with the Jays? Yeah, sounds real simple.

:rolleyes:

Sounds reall simple with the White Sox and Ken Williams so far too. The only way it's real simple is if Duquette comes out and says he's not interested and takes himself out of the running.

Cricket? Who said anything about Cricket? This is WAR! I will engage my good friend about the Dark Canadien capitalists!! (if we can get him out of bed!)

attachment.php?attachmentid=1180&d=1382895796

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but if Dan leaves, maybe they'd promote the second in command who is none other than... Brady Anderson. As someone who's favorite all-time Orioles is Brady Anderson, I would be sad to see Dan go, but it would awesome to have Brady Anderson be the new GM!

I like Brady, but I'm not sure he's a GM. Atleast yet.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but if Dan leaves, maybe they'd promote the second in command who is none other than... Brady Anderson. As someone who's favorite all-time Orioles is Brady Anderson, I would be sad to see Dan go, but it would awesome to have Brady Anderson be the new GM!

Why would this be awesome? I mean, it may be, but how can we possibly know? My own feeling is that Anderson, despite being very smart, is more of a specialty guy, while Duquette is obviously a big picture guy. A GM both smarts and vision and the brain of an economist. I'm not sure Anderson is that guy.

Archived