Concerns about Wieters being ready for Opening day.

Redskins Rick

I don't think so. Boras has done pillow deals in the past for guys who have needed a year to re-establish their value. Being pro-active with Wieters would be good for everyone, unless Boras is concerned that Buck would play him into the ground.

Who did he do a two year pillow deal for that was able to play both years?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think so. Boras has done pillow deals in the past for guys who have needed a year to re-establish their value. Being pro-active with Wieters would be good for everyone, unless Boras is concerned that Buck would play him into the ground.

Boras is already telling everyone Matt will be ready. Doesn't sound like someone willing to do a 1 year extension.

Boras is already telling everyone Matt will be ready. Doesn't sound like someone willing to do a 1 year extension.

He isn't. Won't and doesn't. Matt employs him. With a broken wing, he sure ain't changing agents. Not when he was promised Mauer.

He's an agent and agents generally try to project best case scenario but in this case it seems like he trying to influence Wieters to push through just to prove healthy by means of public perception. That could backfire.

Ok. So we should just accept all pessimism hook line and sinker but any optimism needs to be caged?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost feel bad for Matt (if it were possible to feel bad for men making 10's of millions of dollars to play a game).

The O's rode him hard, and he was a very good player, but now before he ever got a chance at free agency his days as a top defensive catcher seem numbered and it seems doubtful that he will ever hit enough to be a good solution at 1B/DH.

Someone will still probably give him a nice contract, IMO it won't be the O's

I hope it's not us. Career OPS+ 100 and his pitch calling is debatable as an attribute or flaw.

Best situation for everyone is a contract through 2016. If not for Boras, we'd probably see it. When are these guys gonna learn that Boras only represents your best interests if you're an elite player?

I do agree a different agent would probably result in a mutually beneficial situation. But,I am not sure that Boras ever represents the "best" interests of any player of any caliber. Maybe the best monetary interest........

While most of us don't like Boras, I wonder how many of us wouldn't want him as our agent if we were elite MLB players?

It's not as if players haven't fired Boras in the past. A few names that come to mind are Cano, Arod, Beltran, Guthrie, Teixeira, Edwin Jackson. He's not right for everyone. It's all about the money unless of course it's not ALL about the money for the player.

Archived