Skeletor

Yep. So there's a group that is adament about Raines and his coke abuse but would like to deny Bond and Clemens? I'm not sure if coke is a performance enhancer or not, but I find it pretty interesting that no one seems to talk about his coke abuse (especially during games, isn't baseball so pure and sacred? Probably not as pure as some Colombian yayo.) but other peoples shortcomings are fair game.

Molitor got 85.2% of the vote.

So cocaine use doesn't seem to be an issue.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep. So there's a group that is adament about Raines and his coke abuse but would like to deny Bond and Clemens? I'm not sure if coke is a performance enhancer or not, but I find it pretty interesting that no one seems to talk about his coke abuse (especially during games, isn't baseball so pure and sacred? Probably not as pure as some Colombian yayo.) but other peoples shortcomings are fair game.

It's at least as much of a "pick me upper"as Adderall.

Molitor got 85.2% of the vote.

So cocaine use doesn't seem to be an issue.

"Anytime you get busted, if you will, if your weaknesses become public, you have a tendency to only acknowledge things as they come out, instead of trying to get out in front of it. In hindsight, from the beginning, I wish I had been more honest about some of the problems I had with recreational drugs."

I never heard that Paul used on the field though.

From the link I posted earlier:

"Soon, cocaine became his first priority of the day. He had a need to use it often." "He was addicted and afraid to ask for help."

Does that sound like someone that never took the field under the influence?

From the link I posted earlier:

"Soon, cocaine became his first priority of the day. He had a need to use it often." "He was addicted and afraid to ask for help."

Does that sound like someone that never took the field under the influence?

I never heard that he had the vial on him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Pedro, Big Unit, Mussina, Smoltz, Biggio, Mattingly, Schilling, Bagwell...</p>— Jim Palmer (@Jim22Palmer) <a href="

">January 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sosa is the central figure in Hannibal Buress’s epic steroid bit where he imagines a father and young son going to a Cubs game, watching Sosa hit a homer in the ninth inning to win the game, jumping up and down and knowing they will remember the moment for the rest of their lives. At which point Buress says, “What I’m saying is, if you’re against steroids, you’re against family.”

JoeBlogs

Last update before the 2:00 EST announcement. 198 ballots, or 34.68% of last year's total. LINK

195 (98.48%) Randy Johnson

194 (97.98%) Pedro Martinez

172 (86.87%) John Smoltz

166 (83.84%) Craig Biggio

150 (75.76%) Mike Piazza

-----

128 (64.65%) Tim Raines

121 (61.11%) Jeff Bagwell

101 (51.01%) Curt Schilling

88 (44.44%) Barry Bonds

87 (43.94%) Roger Clemens

70 (35.35%) Mike Mussina

58 (29.29%) Edgar Martinez

48 (24.24%) Alan Trammell

41 (20.71%) Lee Smith

28 (14.14%) Jeff Kent

28 (14.14%) Fred McGriff

20 (10.10%) Gary Sheffield

16 (8.08%) Mark McGwire

14 (7.07%) Larry Walker

11 (5.56%) Don Mattingly

10 (5.05%) Sammy Sosa

-----

4 (2.02%) Nomar Garciaparra

3 (1.52%) Carlos Delgado

1 (0.51%) Troy Percival

Votes per public ballot are down to 8.88.

It is ridiculous Carlos Delgado is going to be OFF THE BALLOT!

Linky

18. That's the number of hitters currently enshrined in the Hall Of Fame with a higher career OPS than Carlos Delgado's career mark of .929.

118. That's the number of hitters in the Hall Of Fame with a lower career OPS than Carlos Delgado. (Leading off the list, at .928, is Hank Aaron.)

Archived