Three Day Mini Camp in Sarasota (Doc Shorebird Covering For Us)

weams

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm in the pro-Bundy camp. I think he will make a positive contribution to the MLB club at some point this year.

Being an Orioles fan first and foremost I'll be forced to reluctantly cheer for Bundy.

But it will leave a bad taste in my mouth!

Bundy is from OK so I think the story starts there.

Yes, the story starts in Oklahoma.

I'll preface this with my belief that Bundy had no intention of ever going to college to play baseball. He used college as a leverage for a better contract from a MLB team. And I have no problem with this whatsoever!

Bundy is from Oklahoma but he committed to play college at the University of Texas. Again - he wasn't going to college. Why not verbal to a home state school? Any school from Oklahoma?

Why Texas????????????? Anyone but Texas.

I'll preface this with my belief that Bundy had no intention of ever going to college to play baseball. He used college as a leverage for a better contract from a MLB team.

Bundy is from Oklahoma but he committed to play college at the University of Texas. Again - he wasn't going to college. Why not verbal to a home state school? Any school from Oklahoma?

So, he conned a Texas school into reserving a scholarship for him instead of an Oklahoma school. You should be happy about that.

So, he conned a Texas school into reserving a scholarship for him instead of an Oklahoma school. You should be happy about that.

Not really. It was just a verbal agreement prior to the signing period.

It happens all the time.

Sorry - I dislike the Horns as much as you guys dislike the Yanks and Red Sox

I'll preface this with my belief that Bundy had no intention of ever going to college to play baseball. He used college as a leverage for a better contract from a MLB team. And I have no problem with this whatsoever!

I have a good friend who is an OU alumni...I get it. I didn't recall that he committed to UT until you mentioned it.

My girlfriend is in Miami for training and just sent me a picture with the words "aren't you jealous." She ran into Manny Machado at smoothie shop. Long story short she had the balls to ask how the knee was, he laughed and said he feels all better and will be ready to go very soon. I love her for asking but am also jealous it wasn't me haha

My girlfriend is in Miami for training and just sent me a picture with the words "aren't you jealous." She ran into Manny Machado at smoothie shop. Long story short she had the balls to ask how the knee was, he laughed and said he feels all better and will be ready to go very soon. I love her for asking but am also jealous it wasn't me haha

Good news!

Some info from Roch on who is attending:

Sixteen pitchers are confirmed for this month's minicamp, including former first-round picks Dylan Bundy, Kevin Gausman and Hunter Harvey. Brian Gonzalez, the Orioles' first selection in the 2014 draft - chosen in the third round - also will attend.

Other pitchers include Rule 5 right-handers Jason Garcia and Logan Verrett, T.J. McFarland, Oliver Drake (Navy), Tyler Wilson, Mike Wright, Parker Bridwell, Mychal Givens, Jon Keller, Branden Kline, Patrick McCoy and Stephen Tarpley.

Knuckleballer Eddie Gamboa has been invited to the minicamp and the Orioles are waiting for a response

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/01/more-on-orioles-minicamp.html

I find it surprising that Zach Davies and Tim Berry aren't on this list. Not sure what to make of that.

Some info from Roch on who is attending:

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/01/more-on-orioles-minicamp.html

I find it surprising that Zach Davies and Tim Berry aren't on this list. Not sure what to make of that.

Bit surprised Gausman is on the list. Not that his breaking ball doesn't need work I just didn't think they would call him in for extra work when he is projected to pitch a full season with the MLB club.

I really don't get the whole thing, at all. Since pitchers normally have to progress to throwing all out the first couple of weeks of ST, how much can get accomplished in a 3 day mini camp? Gausman has had 2 years to work on a breaking pitch. Chiti and Wallace spent all last year with him. What can they and he (Gausman) possibly pick up in a 3 day mini camp?

Don't know, but they've been doing the minicamp ever since Buck got here, I think, so I imagine he has his reasons. As to why Gausman specifically, beats me. Don't forget that Wallace and Chiti are going to California to see several other starters, so it's not like Gausman's the only one.

Don't know, but they've been doing the minicamp ever since Buck got here, I think, so I imagine he has his reasons. As to why Gausman specifically, beats me. Don't forget that Wallace and Chiti are going to California to see several other starters, so it's not like Gausman's the only one.

Personally, I think it's more of a team building thing to me. Buck likes to make everyone feel like they can contribute, and he does a good job of making that happen.

I really don't get the whole thing, at all. Since pitchers normally have to progress to throwing all out the first couple of weeks of ST, how much can get accomplished in a 3 day mini camp? Gausman has had 2 years to work on a breaking pitch. Chiti and Wallace spent all last year with him. What can they and he (Gausman) possibly pick up in a 3 day mini camp?

My thought is that KG is a guy whom they brought back primarily because he is young and showing signs of success. Motivational and also a networking thing. When and if some of these arms get to the big club they will know a friendly face or two. By that time for some of these guys KG will have 2 to 3 seasons under the belt

Archived