Three Day Mini Camp in Sarasota (Doc Shorebird Covering For Us)

weams

Chris Tillman and Tommy Hunter, who already have stopped by the facility. Dylan Bundy, Kevin Gausman, Hunter Harvey, Brian Gonzalez, T.J. McFarland, Oliver Drake, Tyler Wilson, Mike Wright, Parker Bridwell, Mychal Givens, Jon Keller, Branden Kline, Pat McCoy, Stephen Tarpley and Rule 5 right-handers Jason Garcia and Logan Verrett

Roch. Pitchers in camp.

Monday morning. Workouts are scheduled to begin around 10 a.m.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buck...

"A lot of it is just kind of familiarizing yourself with them. And I want the guys to be comfortable when they get here, too. I want them to be familiar with the people, familiar with the facility, so when they get here all they've got to do is get ready to play.

"Also, we're checking on their offseason program and making sure they've all done what they were supposed to."

Buck wanted Heim in Florida early.

Alex Hassan, who's dealing with an undisclosed health issue, and third baseman Manny Machado, who's recovering from a well-publicized second knee surgery. Catchers Michael Ohlman, Jonah Heim and Alex Murphy also are here.

Manager Buck Showalter, who came to the complex this morning, said he wanted to get Heim out of Buffalo. You never know when a major snowstorm will hit the area.

"Give him a little head start because weather's an issue with him,"

His column today sounded like (to me) that he is heading down. Couple quotes:

It will be good to watch Dylan Bundy throw. It's always good to watch Dylan Bundy throw.

I haven't seen left-hander Brian Gonzalez, the Orioles' first pick (in the third round) of the 2014 First-Year Player Draft. Now I've got my opportunity.

I'll also have a chance to meet new hitting coach Scott Coolbaugh. I've heard a lot of good things about him.

He's been there since yesterday. The by-line, where it says "Sarasota," is a good hint.

I love this fan base acting like Alex Hassan is gonna save the 2015 Orioles. The guy is 26 and never played in MLB.

I don't see that the fan base is acting like Hassan is going to save the 2015 Orioles. Where do you get that? By the way, FYI, Hassan did appear in the majors for Boston last year.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/hassaal01.shtml

Archived