Blue Jays end negotiations for Dan Duquette (Beeston re-signs for 2015 season)

xian4

I don't get why people keep saying that DD doesn't want to be here. Just because people have speculated that he wants the BJ job (even quoted sources is speculation to me) doesn't mean that he is unhappy here or doesn't want to be here. Assuming he wants the job...it doesn't mean he doesn't want to be here.

I'm guilty of believing Dan will no longer see his job in a desirable light and that stems from projecting my own set of values into Dan's lap. If I were denied a rather pretty promotion while also losing a significant amount of credibility at my current job based on an innocent interest in higher pay and title then despite the hard facts of wrong and right (his contract) a part of me would feel cheated. I can't say with any shred of evidence that Duquette would be unhappy to stay but if it were me I'd feel pissed off.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm guilty of believing Dan will no longer see his job in a desirable light and that stems from projecting my own set of values into Dan's lap. If I were denied a rather pretty promotion while also losing a significant amount of credibility at my current job based on an innocent interest in higher pay and title then despite the hard facts of wrong and right (his contract) a part of me would feel cheated. I can't say with any shred of evidence that Duquette would be unhappy to stay but if it were me I'd feel pissed off.

For four years? Maybe a week or two, but he's here for four years.

For four years? Maybe a week or two, but he's here for four years.

I can't really argue that. I don't know if Dan is a grudge type of guy or if he is joking about it right now.

I just hope everyone can put this behind them and move on. None of this ' let Dan rot at his desk ' nonsense I've read on here.

There is no chance the Jays are that bad this year. They still need to add a couple bullpen arms, but that lineup is going to keep them in a lot of games.

Blue Jays attendance from 2010-2014 was 10,455,408 Orioles 10,412,753.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Rogers Center rot away either, I'd love to see a brand new baseball only facility.

Seem obvious who the douchebag is here and it's not Jays fans.

This entire post makes you sound like a spoiled little kid having a temper tantrum.

You appear to be new here. FYI - We hate Toronto. Like a lot. Many hate them more than the MFY's so that should give you some perspective.

On a positive note I am guessing that Dan is going to make sure that the O's have a replacement in house in case something like this comes up again.

But he'd have to get the budget to hire that person, which would essentially give him a promotion (without a raise, of course).

The Jays only move last offseason was signing Navarro. I don't remember anyone saying the Jays made some great moves last year. The Blue Jays should be a legitimate contender this season.

He's talking about the year before when they got Dickey, Reyes, Bonafacio, and others I'm not recalling off hand. They won the offseason championship but couldn't sniff the playoffs.

Edit: Buehrle, Melky Cabrera, and John Buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no chance the Jays are that bad this year. They still need to add a couple bullpen arms, but that lineup is going to keep them in a lot of games.

Blue Jays attendance from 2010-2014 was 10,455,408 Orioles 10,412,753.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Rogers Center rot away either, I'd love to see a brand new baseball only facility.

Seem obvious who the douchebag is here and it's not Jays fans.

This entire post makes you sound like a spoiled little kid having a temper tantrum.

I'd rather be a spoiled little kid having a temper tantrum instead of throwing beers on MLB players. I'm sure not all Jays fans are that douchey, but I've never seen an Orioles fan do that, not even a Yanks or Sox fan.

Hopefully I've gotten the volume better this time, but here's what Ken Rosenthal had to say this morning.

Like I said earlier in this thread, he's not going to let this go. He continues to spin it against the O's as usual ("Blue Jays were sick of the Orioles' demands..."????)

I don't even know if anyone wants to see this, but here it is anyway :)

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Hz9HsYhvfGs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Assault at Orioles game sends man to intensive care, police say

Let's end this silliness. There are bad fans in every city.

Yeah I simply don't understand this need to feel superior to the fans of other cities. Obviously this isn't just a Baltimore thing. I think the amount you can know about a person or even a group of people based on their allegiance to their local sports team is so small as to be practically irrelevant.

Assault at Orioles game sends man to intensive care, police say

Let's end this silliness. There are bad fans in every city.

Yep. Even in Kansas City, as I was surprised to find out during the LCS.

I've had some good conversations with the Toronto fans over the years at the park. I don't like a lot of members of their current team, but I don't have much problem with their fanbase.

Simply put, you have a GM who wants to be somewhere else. His silence on this matter speaks volumes. Why is this so difficult to understand?? It seems pretty obvious to a lot of people. This guy needs to go!:cool:

He'll just have to get over himself. He has four years to do it. Or, he could resign and see where it goes from there.

Simply put, you have a GM who wants to be somewhere else. His silence on this matter speaks volumes. Why is this so difficult to understand?? It seems pretty obvious to a lot of people. This guy needs to go!:cool:

Just because I enjoy viewing photos of Alyssa Milano does not mean I am unhappy in my marriage.

The fact that Duke may have wanted the Toronto job does not mean he doesn't want the Orioles job that he signed the contract for and has 4 more years to enjoy!

Archived