Blue Jays end negotiations for Dan Duquette (Beeston re-signs for 2015 season)

xian4

I'm going to be very much in the minority here but for the betterment of the Orioles and considering the awkwardness of this situation I would let Duquette walk without compensation. We need to move on as an organization and bring onboard a competent GM who wants to be here. To keep Duquette around would be counterproductive. My advice to Angelos is swallow your pride and look at the big picture. To have this toxic situation hanging over our heads in such an important decision-making season is not going to do us much good now or in the future.:cool:

If it turns out that DD can't be an effective GM here going forward, it would still be better to keep him and hire a new de facto GM than to let him to go without compensation to a division rival. Why should Toronto derive any benefit from this situation, which they created?

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully I've gotten the volume better this time, but here's what Ken Rosenthal had to say this morning.

Like I said earlier in this thread, he's not going to let this go. He continues to spin it against the O's as usual ("Blue Jays were sick of the Orioles' demands..."????)

I don't even know if anyone wants to see this, but here it is anyway :)

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Hz9HsYhvfGs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At least he mentioned Williams and the White Sox denying permission.

Hopefully I've gotten the volume better this time, but here's what Ken Rosenthal had to say this morning.

Like I said earlier in this thread, he's not going to let this go. He continues to spin it against the O's as usual ("Blue Jays were sick of the Orioles' demands..."????)

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Hz9HsYhvfGs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not a word about the classless manner the Jays have handled this, be it towards Beaston or AA. Not a word about how they caused a disruption in a division rival's offseason.

Rosenthal is an idiot.

I like the face he makes and voice he throws when he imitates Angelos.

Assault at Orioles game sends man to intensive care, police say

Let's end this silliness. There are bad fans in every city.

I agree wholeheartedly. I honestly don't think there is a huge difference in fan behavior from stadium to stadium. There's always going to be some drunken miscreants, while the large majority of fans are well-behaved. I wouldn't judge any team's fans based on the behavior of a few morons. And I haven't observed anything particularly bad about the behavior of Toronto's fans in general.

The team itself I dislike.

There is no chance the Jays are that bad this year. They still need to add a couple bullpen arms, but that lineup is going to keep them in a lot of games.

Blue Jays attendance from 2010-2014 was 10,455,408 Orioles 10,412,753.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Rogers Center rot away either, I'd love to see a brand new baseball only facility.

Seem obvious who the douchebag is here and it's not Jays fans.

This entire post makes you sound like a spoiled little kid having a temper tantrum.

First of all welcome to the board. I would just like to say that I think that you misread us here. There may be some folks who do not like Toronto Blue Jays fans, but most are much more specific in their dislike of Toronto. Personally I have no problem with any Toronto fan as long as they understand two things. The first, is that we do not like underhanded dealings and true or not the Toronto organization has had it's share of recent misfortunes or accusations. The only other thing we hope that Toronto understands is that universally, the Oriole Fan base agrees on this.....Cito Sucks!

:)

Because when someone wants to be somewhere else they are not putting their heart and soul into what they are doing. I dont want this guy running my team and having to make key decisions in what will be a very important season going forward. I don't care about Toronto. I care about the Orioles and what we are doing to be a better team every year. If Duquette wants to go to Toronto, then let him go and let's get someone in here who eat, sleeps and breathes this job and would consider it an honor to be GM of the Orioles; Not someone looking to build up his wallet and his resume not to mention his overblown ego. Just my two cents friends.:cool:

You remember what Cal used to say?

Maybe Dan at 90% is better then anyone else the O's could get.

Especially since if Dan goes his people will probably go with him.

I heard Ken Rosenthal say on MLB Today in a later segment about a half hour ago (verbatim) "You don't want an unhappy employee. And essentially Duquette has signaled he is not comfortable in his present situation. He wants what he perceives to be as a major promotion." Where is he getting these specific thoughts that are supposedly Dan's? Is he DD's spokesman now? Sounds to me that if not then, that now he's making things up just so he can have "a story".

Because when someone wants to be somewhere else they are not putting their heart and soul into what they are doing. I dont want this guy running my team and having to make key decisions in what will be a very important season going forward. I don't care about Toronto. I care about the Orioles and what we are doing to be a better team every year. If Duquette wants to go to Toronto, then let him go and let's get someone in here who eat, sleeps and breathes this job and would consider it an honor to be GM of the Orioles; Not someone looking to build up his wallet and his resume not to mention his overblown ego. Just my two cents friends.:cool:

Overblown ego? He's not the one who said he's worth two top prospects, the Orioles did that. His ego seems to be in a healthy place. I'm happy to give Dan the chance to prove this won't adversely affect his work. Unlike Ken Rosenthal, he is not an eight-year old.

Seems like this a losing situation for everyone - and will likely remain that way. Just gotta wonder if Angelos hadn't requested such an absurd amount of compensation from Toronto, the situation would be considerably better for everyone.

I heard Ken Rosenthal say on MLB Today in a later segment about a half hour ago (verbatim) "You don't want an unhappy employee. And essentially Duquette has signaled he is not comfortable in his present situation. He wants what he perceives to be as a major promotion." Where is he getting these specific thoughts that are supposedly Dan's? Is he DD's spokesman now? Sounds to me that if not then, that now he's making things up just so he can have "a story".

Has Ken ever had an employee?

Duquette isn't commenting at all, so he wouldn't be breaking his silence just to correct Ken Rosenthal's speculation. This is a pretty standard way tabloids approach stories about subjects who won't respond to requests for comment - put them in the position of commenting or letting speculation morph into fact in the minds of the public. Too many people confuse lack of denial with admission of guilt.

Archived