UNC vs Terps 2/25

AgentOrange

Come on, we have THREE FRESHMAN STARTERS! show me any team in history with three freshman starters that didnt lose 4 games in conference. Give me a break. We shot 3-12 Free throws in the second half, it happens with young players. No big deal. It's tough to win on the road in conference, everyone will tell you that. They may lose in Atlanta too. But we'll see what happens on an even playing field vs the rest of the country. I'll take my chances.

I am aware it is tough to win on the road.

But this is the best team in the conference and by far the most talented. Even you said it would be a pretty bad if the Heels didn't win the ACC regular season title.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am aware it is tough to win on the road.

But this is the best team in the conference and by far the most talented. Even you said it would be a pretty bad if the Heels didn't win the ACC regular season title.

But to say a team with three Freshman starters in the toughest conference in the country who hasn't been out of the top 5 all year is underacheiving is absolutely ludicrous. I did expect them to win the Regular season title, yes, and they still can.

But to say a team with three Freshman starters in the toughest conference in the country who hasn't been out of the top 5 all year is underacheiving is absolutely ludicrous. I did expect them to win the Regular season title, yes, and they still can.

I said they are beginning to underachieve. They should be getting better right now and that hasn't been the case IMO.

SG are you atleast concerned about that game this week now???

I have been giving MD props for a few weeks now. They are playing great basketball and they will be a tough out in the ACC and NCAA tourney.

I have full confidence Duke beats them in Cameron though...Duke is playing very well right now and they will want payback...Hopefully Nelson doesn't pick up 3 fouls in the first 5 minutes this game....That really hurt Duke in the first 10 minutes of that game, which is when MD won it.

I said they are beginning to underachieve. They should be getting better right now and that hasn't been the case IMO.

I dont agree, they led for 38.5 minutes tonight on the road against the hottest team in the conference. Maryland made plays down the stretch, we didn't, it's that simple. We lost to a great Terrapin team tonight, doesnt mean we're beginning to underacheive. If we blew a 10 point lead at Miami or Wake, I'd be concerned, not at Maryland.

I dont agree, they led for 38.5 minutes tonight on the road against the hottest team in the conference. Maryland made plays down the stretch, we didn't, it's that simple. We lost to a great Terrapin team tonight, doesnt mean we're beginning to underacheive. If we blew a 10 point lead at Miami or Wake, I'd be concerned, not at Maryland.

Great Terp team? Bit of an overstatement, don't you think?

The Duke game is huge for both Duke and MD. The winner is probable set up for atleast two wins in the ACC tourny. I think it will be a great game like usual. But early in the year i predicted that duke and MD were very similar teams and you laughed it off, well it turns out that I was correct. would you atleast admit that?

Perhaps, but they're damn good. And losing to them is nothing to be ashamed of. Nor does it mean that your team is underacheiving.

I am not saying UNC is underachieving because they lost this game...Just mean overall. My guess is you would have never felt they would lose 4 of their first 14 ACC games, would you?

The Duke game is huge for both Duke and MD. The winner is probable set up for atleast two wins in the ACC tourny. I think it will be a great game like usual. But early in the year i predicted that duke and MD were very similar teams and you laughed it off, well it turns out that I was correct. would you atleast admit that?

Early in the year, MD was 1-4 in conference and had no huge wins. At the time, it was a statement to laugh at.

Right now, the 2 teams are pretty equal.

Beaner and Dish, as my dad said when I called him after this game...that is the way basketball is meant to be played. Not some 49-48 crap between the "top 2 teams in the country." Great game, I'm glad we came out on top but for the vast majority of the game, UNC looked like a team with a legitimate shot at the National Championship.

As that was my last home game as a student, and I took the game off work so I could sit in the stands instead of the press section...this was definitely one of the two greatest games of my collegiate career. I'd put it ahead of the Duke game two years ago because this essentially punches our tournament ticket.

It's not my last Terps game, though. I'll be going down to Greensboro for the women's ACC Tournament starting Thursday...and the day before, I'll be making a little stop in Durham. I have my credential and I will be in Cameron on Wednesday night! I'm psyched...should be a great game...I don't think anyone wants to play the Terps right now.

Archived