Reimold could make an impact if healthy

wildcard

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would be ridiculous to do so. Pearce is a decent COF, good 1B who plays a surprisingly decent 2B. He was one of our best hitters last year but is struggling so far with the bat. To replace him with a AAA guy who is barely hitting above .700 OPS and not hitting for power, and who can't play any position adequately, is crazy.

Plus a thousand. Pearce is a valuable player, and as much as people root for Reimold - he isn't a valuable player.

Still puzzled as to who goes. I would think that it has to be some type of trade. Maybe Lough gets DFA'd though. He's a defensive replacement at this point. There is value in that, but I'm not sure we have that luxury right now.

Still puzzled as to who goes. I would think that it has to be some type of trade. Maybe Lough gets DFA'd though. He's a defensive replacement at this point. There is value in that, but I'm not sure we have that luxury right now.

Lough is the last guy to be DFA from this team unless there is another roster move beside Nolan, he is the backup CF, and Buck expects the 4th to backup CF.

Lough is the last guy to be DFA from this team unless there is another roster move beside Nolan, he is the backup CF, and Buck expects the 4th to backup CF.

In a perfect world yes. But for a few games, I could see him shying away from that. Borbon can more than likely give you what Lough does. Lough probably passes through wavers too. If not, I'm sure there are a few other glove only guys that Dan could acquire.

I'm just saying it's a possibility.

The last guy? Maybe that's a figure of speech, but even Lough's mom would DFA him before Manny or Jones or Britton or, well... about 14 other guys.

Don't get this move at all. He gives us nothing we don't already have. You know my love for Lough, but DFA-ing him for Reimold would be stupid.

I just don't get it. Maybe they are trying to make room for Yaz at AAA. Who knows.

The last guy among the list of OF on the 25 man roster, whose last name isn't Jones.

You think the Orioles would dump Snider, Young, and Pearce before Lough? I doubt it. With any of them. It's important to have a backup center fielder, but no so important that you'd keep your defense-first, light-hitting 5th outfielder over someone who they're hoping can be a regular or platoon player for the rest of the year. In case of emergency I don't think it would kill Buck to have to use someone like Flaherty in center for a few innings while they fetch someone like Borbon from Norfolk.

Archived