Spring Training Camp roster released

fearthenoodle

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Urrutia's also on the 40-man, like Hassan. So are Oliver Drake, Eddie Gamboa and Jimmy Paredes among the "25 and older not-really-prospects" club.

Can't tell ya regarding Yaz. His numbers in AA last year were middling (.723 OPS in the Eastern League). He shouldn't be seeing time in the majors this year.

Open uniform numbers - 7, 15, 43, 44, 46, 65, 69. 92 and above

7 = Cal Sr. and Mark Belanger

44 = Elrod Hendricks

46 = Mike Flanagan

These aren't officially retired but they haven't been worn since those people died, unless someone was wearing it at the time the referenced person died (Guthrie had 46 when Flanny died).

Interesting to me is the name that isn't there.

OK two names, I am also a bit surprised Givens didn't get an invite.

It’s now just 10 days until the Orioles' first spring training workout for pitchers and catchers. The first full-squad workout won’t take place until Feb. 25 at the Ed Smith Stadium complex.

That same day, the Orioles will open a minicamp for many of their top-level minor leaguers at the Twin Lakes Park complex.

Among the minor leaguers who will be at the camp are right-hander Zach Davies, right-hander Parker Bridwell, right-hander Mychal Givens, left-hander Daniel Rodriguez, infielder Derrik Gibson and infielder Ozzie Martinez.

The Twin Lakes camp is an extension of big league spring training because it includes the players who were considered for major league camp but weren’t invited. They will report several days before full minor league camp opens at Twin Lakes. Expect these players to get playing time in big league spring games as part of manager Buck Showalter’s “just-in-case” crew.

LINK

I think there is a pretty decent chance. Joseph has options, and I could see Clevenger being DFA'ed and Arencibia getting the back-up role by the end of camp.

I don't see it. Joseph played great defensively. A big problem is if you bring him up then you limit your depth. You can't option Arencibia so let's say he makes the team then at some point gets released, if another team picks him up then your depth is diminished. The only way I see him making the team is if Wieters isn't ready.

Archived