If, IF, if Ubaldo continues to dominate?

Bahama O's Fan

Matusz would be the 4th or 5th option to get an emergency start.

Still hoping they can dump him on someone and not pay all of his salary.

Be a mistake if keeping Matusz results in losing a superior arm.

At this point I think he would be arm wrestling T.J. for the seventh starter slot.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matusz would be the 4th or 5th option to get an emergency start.

Still hoping they can dump him on someone and not pay all of his salary.

Be a mistake if keeping Matusz results in losing a superior arm.

Woohoo you found a way to incorporate your Matusz hate into another thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The talk about Gausman going to AAA is just crazy. He is one of our top starters with the talent to be our "ace"..

It's between Gonzo and Norris.

I thought going into ST Norris and his $8MM salary would be traded but if he is not moved it's clear that Gonzo would be the odd man out again and would end up being the one in limbo between AAA and MLB roosters.

It's also now possible Matusz could be moved which now opens up a spot in the bullpen.

However I don't think Gonzo or Norris should be in the pen. They are starters and should be getting starts whether at AAA or MLB... Norris will not be making regular starts at AAA and thats fur sure.

The talk about Gausman going to AAA is just crazy. He is one of our top starters with the talent to be our "ace"..

I thought going into ST Norris and his $8MM salary would be traded but if he is not moved it's clear that Gonzo would be the odd man out again and would end up being the one in limbo between AAA and MLB roosters.

It's also now possible Matusz could be moved which now opens up a spot in the bullpen.

However I don't think Gonzo or Norris should be in the pen. They are starters and should be getting starts whether at AAA or MLB... Norris will not be making regular starts at AAA and thats fur sure.

Why is it crazy for Gausman to be at AAA but not Gonzo?

Gausman and Gonzalez BOTH may be in AAA for a couple weeks.

If the point is to limit his innings, wouldn't you put him in the BP? Is he not going to rack up innings in Norfolk?

Players can be easily pulled after a certain amount of innings there. Shuffle the roster to get fresh arms to the team as needed.

Why is it crazy for Gausman to be at AAA but not Gonzo?

Because Gonzo survives by suppressing BABIP.

BABIP is like the House, you can beat it short term but in the long game the House almost always wins.

Ideally I would like a solution that keeps both of them out of the minors.

I mentioned two starts ago when his start was televised that it was the best I had ever seen him. He's throwing strikes. Wallace and Chiti have done a wonderful job with him. Apparently even improved his time to the plate too! Jimenez will be in the rotation. The question is who will not be. Gausman to Norfolk is what I said yesterday. Sticking to it. They are not going to bounce Norris from the rotation based on ST, IMO.
As I believe I once said: talent is 5% inspiration and 95% perspiration. Ubaldo has, by all reports, been working his tail off since last season when he was put into the bullpen. And Wallace and Chiti have been doing a tremendous job with him. Time to reward that hard work with a return to the rotation. He may not ever be Jim Palmer, and, like every pitcher, won't have his stuff every single outing. But he's going to do just fine. :)

I also don't quite understand the outrage. If he were some sort of prima donna or jerk, malingering, complaining, laying back and feeling sorry for himself, then I would understand. But Ubaldo is doing everything that the coaches tell him to do. Some of these people don't realize that talent is 5% inspiration and 95% perspiration. I have faith that he'll get there.

Still have faith in my guy, Ubaldo! :thumbsup1:

Archived