Brandon Snyder Out of MLB

DoubleStufOriole

It looks like the O's former first round pick is returning to Maryland in an attempt to resurrect his career.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/03/minor-moves-brandon-snyder.html

Former first-round pick Brandon Snyder has inked a deal with the Atlantic League?s Southern Maryland Blue Crabs, the team announced. The 28-year-old has spent parts of four years in the big leagues, never taking more than 69 plate appearances in a season and compiling a .243/.287/.399 slash over 158 lifetime turns at bat. At Triple-A last year with the Red Sox, Snyder put up a .206/.284/.444 line with eight home runs in 141 plate appearances. He spent most of his professional time at first base, though he also appeared at third base in the big leagues.

I don't think he was a bad pick, he got hurt.

Maybe healthy his bat plays at catcher.

He was the second best hitter in the Arizona Fall League a few years back. Behind Grant Desme of Oakland. Who quit, and became a priest.

That's too bad. I always rooted hard for him. His father Brian who had a couple of cups of coffee in the bigs with Seattle I believe ran a baseball academy I went to as a kid. I don't know if Brandon and my paths ever crossed but we were the same age and he went to high school at a rival (read one that always kicked our butts at all sports except basketball since we had Scottie Reynolds back then). Hope he can resurrect his career. He may never live up to the hype that goes with being a first round pick but he did live the dream in being able to say he was able to play for his hometown team and has a few home runs to his name. Another local guy I root hard for even though he plays for a division rival is Brandon Guyer even if his first homer came off of our own Zach Britton.

Archived