Fangraphs' Jeff Zimmerman's scouting reports on Bundy and Harvey 3/16

Frobby

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah you are correct. I remember him pitching in a dome.

Not being snarky here.

Memory is a very chancy thing.

Bundy's two appearances were quite some time ago.

You obviously misremembered the opposition and you think he pitched in a dome when he obviously did not.

Can you trust your recollection of his velocity?

Brooks records pitch data for every pitch thrown in the majors. Velocity, location, movement the whole enchilada.

Frankly I am going to believe Brooks over a poster that remembered Bundy pitching against the Mariners in Safeco.

Go right ahead. When I saw him I still wasn't impressed. And I said so then.

Not being snarky here.

Memory is a very chancy thing.

Bundy's two appearances were quite some time ago.

You obviously misremembered the opposition and you think he pitched in a dome when he obviously did not.

Can you trust your recollection of his velocity?

Yes I can. Because I posted then I wasn't impressed with his velocity. And got called out then.

I remember watching Dylan in Ft Myers (in person) facing the heart of the Red Sox lineup and blowing them away. I was also part of the drool caravan that covered his summer of love. He does not look like that guy right now.

Is that based on actual in person observations or just what has been written here and his stats to date? Just asking, because a true in person observations would certainly make your observations more valid.

Just what I have seen of him on TV. Nothing more. I think by June we will have a much better read on him.

The dates are saying 7/12 and 9/12 correct?? Is that the month and year? Bundy was not in the majors until late June. Did he pitch in the Futures game that summer? I also remember Bundy pitching those two games and I thought his velocity was more in the low 90's. He did not pitch in SAFECO.

Good catch, yes they must have been recorded the futures game.

Sorry about that, I just saw the two data points and went to work.

Kinda embarrassing when I was getting on DH for not doing the work.

The point remains that he wasn't working in the upper 80's.

I think some folks have melded his two MLB appearances with how he looked the following spring.

I think some folks have melded his two MLB appearances with how he looked the following spring.

The following spring, Dylan was not the same guy I had seen the year before.

Yes I can. Because I posted then I wasn't impressed with his velocity. And got called out then.

You thought he pitched in a dome.

And yet you are sure about his velocity from an appearance two and a half year ago?

Not ripping on you for the dome thing, I didn't recall where he pitched. Just saying memories over that length of time are very chancy things. I would certainly go with what was recorded at the time over what I remembered.

Why would they not have both of his major league games? Don't they have all that info?

Why would they not have both of his major league games? Don't they have all that info?

Surprised they don't. They have so much info then I have to admit I just assumed that all data from when they started the program was recorded. With other players there are so many data points that if one was missing I wouldn't have noticed.

Surprised they don't. They have so much info then I have to admit I just assumed that all data from when they started the program was recorded. With other players there are so many data points that if one was missing I wouldn't have noticed.

Ok, so we don't even know which one of the two games he pitched in they are referencing either?

Archived