Bud Norris 2015

slakattack

During this afternoon's broadcast (6/25) Palmer was ripping into Norris for unravelling in the 6th inning last night.

And Buck was lobbying for the error to be changed to a hit. Yes. It would make Norris's ERA go up and the Error is charged to Norris. No one lobbied Buck for THAT.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should be his last start with the Orioles. Put him in the bullpen, trade him, release him, I don't care. This club is blessed with outstanding depth in starting pitching. It's time to use it. There is no reason to keep wasting games on Bud Norris while Kevin Gausman and Tyler Wilson are ready to step in to the rotation.

Sounds good to me.

Jimenez, Chen, Gonzalez, Tillman, Gausman (Wilson, Wright)

Could be a brutal week for starters in this org. Bundy out, Norris may join him, concerning news on Harvey.

$50M leaving the roster. They may need to buy a big arm this winter.

This should be his last start with the Orioles. Put him in the bullpen, trade him, release him, I don't care. This club is blessed with outstanding depth in starting pitching. It's time to use it. There is no reason to keep wasting games on Bud Norris while Kevin Gausman and Tyler Wilson are ready to step in to the rotation.

Indeed. It's nice that he had 15 of a meaningless stat last season but he didn't exactly light the world on fire either with his 4.22 FIP. I'd understand persevering through this if there were some major upside there but there isn't, and the reality is Gausman offers us 1) likely better short-term production 2) much more upside long-term, so there's really no need to be continuing on with Norris. It's not like he's potentially a big asset either, he's a 4-5 starter who's pitching like he belongs in AAA. Send him to the bullpen where he'll likely be more effective and give Gausman an extended chance for once, it really is a no-brainer.

Stop starting these threads!

Yes is doing bad in tonight's game but where are the hitters?

Coming off of three decent starts I don't think he's in danger of getting removed. It will take another poor start IMO. Hopefully just one more and he doesn't see our rotation again after the All-Star break.

He got lit up against Boston, and the other start was against the Phillies.

He's gotta go by the trade deadline at the very latest. But I hope it doesn't even come to that. The O's have little to lose by DFAing him; he probably wasn't coming back next year regardless. And if they want him back that badly they may even be able to sign him as a FA as poorly as he's played this year.

The fact that it's his walk year is all the more reason to let him go. Tillman you're stuck with so you might as well try to get him back on track (and let's hope yesterday signified that he is back). Even if they struggle, I'd rather have someone with some upside like Gausman than a guy with mediocre stuff like Norris.

Archived