Bud Norris 2015

slakattack

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When Bud pitches, you just wait for the other shoe to drop. Bad karma. To the bullpen or cut the chord. He also looks flustered out there as soon as something goes wrong. He's earned a demotion.

He fell apart during the Red Sox game. A game in which he had been cruising along. He looked shaken.

Some of these comments frustrate me. Same as from some of the Tillman threads.

I understand that sports bring out a lot of passion. Bud Norris has embraced the city and loves being an Oriole. He pitched some nice games for us the previous year and a half. Obviously this isn't little league and you don't get a trophy just for trying, and if Buck decides he needs to be pulled from the rotation I certainly would not have any problem with that.

I dunno, just frustrates me to see fans turn so quickly on their own sometimes.

I understand that sports bring out a lot of passion. Bud Norris has embraced the city and loves being an Oriole. He pitched some nice games for us the previous year and a half. Obviously this isn't little league and you don't get a trophy just for trying, and if Buck decides he needs to be pulled from the rotation I certainly would not have any problem with that.

I don't think anyone disputes that he's a really good guy. He's just hurting the team, and sometimes hard decisions need to be made. He's just not a good pitcher, and really never has been throughout his career. You can't keep a guy with a 7 ERA in July in the rotation if you are a contender, no matter how much he loves the city.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Norris admits confidence taken a hit: “Probably a little bit. This game is very humbling. I know what I can do and have to work through it."</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">June 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h7G6E1rGY8o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I agree with on Tillman. He has built up enough good will with three consecutive very good seasons for us to deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Norris hasn't built up the same good will. He came over to us in a trade in 2013 and he wasn't very good. He was better last year, but still probably our fourth or fifth best starter. This year he has been one of the if not the worst starting pitchers in the AL over close to half a season.

I don't think this fan base feels especially connected to Norris since he's played less than two full seasons with the team and isn't going to be around next season anyway.

I don't think anyone disputes that he's a really good guy. He's just hurting the team, and sometimes hard decisions need to be made. He's just not a good pitcher, and really never has been throughout his career. You can't keep a guy with a 7 ERA in July in the rotation if you are a contender, no matter how much he loves the city.

Sure, I get that. Like I said, I have no problem if they make a move soon.

I guess I just don't get the anger at Norris. Not like he isn't trying. I feel bad for him more than anything else. Maybe I'm just a softie.

Sure, I get that. Like I said, I have no problem if they make a move soon.

I guess I just don't get the anger at Norris. Not like he isn't trying. I feel bad for him more than anything else. Maybe I'm just a softie.

I feel for him too, I really do. I do want him out of the rotation ASAP, though.

I agree with on Tillman. He has built up enough good will with three consecutive very good seasons for us to deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Norris hasn't built up the same good will. He came over to us in a trade in 2013 and he wasn't very good. He was better last year, but still probably our fourth or fifth best starter. This year he has been one of the if not the worst starting pitchers in the AL over close to half a season.

I don't think this fan base feels especially connected to Norris since he's played less than two full seasons with the team and isn't going to be around next season anyway.

Right. Tillman is a longtime Oriole and has been our "ace" up until this year. He's also under control for several more years. Norris is none of those things.

It makes sense to try and work through Tillman's struggles, because we know what he can do and we need him in the future. It doesn't benefit the Orioles at all to see if Norris can get things turned around. We are in the middle of an extremely tight playoff race and the difference could be decided by one or two games. We simply can't allow Norris to keep throwing crap game after crap game. Either cut him, trade him for peanuts, or stick him in the bullpen, but for the love of all things holy, get him out of the damn rotation.

I believe everyone on this board (except for a few which includes me honestly) wanted him traded and sold when his value was high. I liked Norris' approach and "bulldog" work ethic.

I was terribly wrong. He should have been traded.

DD is great at depth but not the best on trades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel for him too, I really do. I do want him out of the rotation ASAP, though.

Agree. Good guy but just does not belong in the rotation. I think there's a decent chance he could be a good BP arm though.

When Bud pitches, you just wait for the other shoe to drop. Bad karma. To the bullpen or cut the chord. He also looks flustered out there as soon as something goes wrong. He's earned a demotion.

The batters called time out 4-5 times early in that game. Once when he was in his windup. It clearly seemed purposeful to mess with him imo and take him out of any rhythm he had. It worked pretty effectively.

I don't think anyone is mad at Norris. More-so mad at Buck for being all about the veterans. Guess what, Skip? You have a few bullets to use: Tyler Wilson, Kevin Gausman. And also it's time for Duquette to step up and do something, too. Thinking Norris needs to be relegated to the pen or you simply cut him loose.

I was always kind of neutral with Bud. But to pitch so bad in ST and the regular season and say you are healthy in the post game and that you just needed a few pitches to work better for better results doesn't fly really well.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived