Bud Norris 2015

slakattack

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Take away a few of those meatballs and massive home run blasts it would have been a decent night.

Okay, but you can say that about a lot of things. Do you really think he's a better SP than Gausman this year?

Take away a few of those meatballs and massive home run blasts it would have been a decent night.

I don't think you can do that. He gave up 9 hits and the HR blasts were on awful pitches. I'm surprised there weren't more runs with all the pitches he left up.

Okay' date=' but you can say that about a lot of things. Do you really think he's a better SP than Gausman this year?[/quote']
I don't think you can do that. He gave up 9 hits and the HR blasts were on awful pitches. I'm surprised there weren't more runs with all the pitches he left up.

Sarcasm guys. I thought meatballs and massive home runs would click.

The one thing that bothers me about the Norris topic is the timeline of events. Once the Orioles decided to bring him back they weren't going to bail on him 6 starts into the season. His 6th start was on May 18th the day he was sick. His two prior starts until the Yankees game where he was sick were his two best starts of the year. He came back on from the DL on June 7th and has had 2.82 era since he had been back and yes I know he let up 5 unearned runs to Boston. Kevin Gausman went on the DL on May 7th and made a spot start in Toronto on June 20. Mike Wrighht replaced the Norris and pitched progressively worse.

My main point is tonight, considering the fact that Gausman is healthy and Norris pitched so poorly is really the first time where things are lining up for a change. A bulk of Norris' poor ERA were from 2 of his first 3 starts- not that he has been great in his other starts.

Archived