Bud Norris 2015

slakattack

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was coming home from a meeting and I was listening to The Fan. The guy (forget his name) mumbled something about Palmer saying something about Norris's "attitude" about being in the bullpen. I got home before anything more was mentioned. Does anyone know anything about this, or was this just some stupid radio talk-show-host stuff?

Why is this acceptable?

He's a free agent after the season, no one is going to trade for him and we have better options at both AAA and AA.

There is no reason bud Norris should still be on this team.

Last year is meaningless, all that matters is the present and he is truly awful.

Why is this acceptable?

He's a free agent after the season, no one is going to trade for him and we have better options at both AAA and AA.

There is no reason bud Norris should still be on this team.

Last year is meaningless, all that matters is the present and he is truly awful.

Let me hear your explanation to PA for why he should eat 4.4M.

Let me hear your explanation to PA for why he should eat 4.4M.

It's a sunk cost, and they'll pay Bud Norris no matter what happens from here on out. The $4.4M was gone the minute his contract was signed. If the coaching staff believes that there is little chance he'll be productive in the next 3+ months there's no reason to even consider the money. (Disclaimer: I don't necessarily want to release Bud, nor do I have any knowledge of the coaching staff's opinion of him. This is just an explanation for why you'd release him.)

It's a sunk cost, and they'll pay Bud Norris no matter what happens from here on out. The $4.4M was gone the minute his contract was signed. If the coaching staff believes that there is little chance he'll be productive in the next 3+ months there's no reason to even consider the money. (Disclaimer: I don't necessarily want to release Bud, nor do I have any knowledge of the coaching staff's opinion of him. This is just an explanation for why you'd release him.)
And PA says "why didn't you see this coming, and how is it possible a SP who wins 15 G last year is unsalvageable now? Is he injured or don't you people know what you are doing?

'

And PA says "why didn't you see this coming, and how is it possible a SP who wins 15 G last year is unsalvageable now? Is he injured or don't you people know what you are doing?

'

Duquette: I'm a GM, this is baseball, I'm not a fortune teller or a psychic. The Yanks are paying CC Sabathia $25M a year to be terrible. Stuff happens.

Archived