I thoroughly enjoyed Big Baby getting tossed

Frobby

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RedSox?src=hash">#RedSox</a> DH David Ortiz loses appeal of suspension for Sunday's confrontation with umpire John Tumpane, will sit out tonight's game.</p>— MLB (@MLB) <a href="
">May 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Another run-in with an umpire? Good -- it looks like the umps have finally gotten tired of his antics. Let's hope they continue to stand up to him.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am confused. When can you replace a suspended player and when can you not? The BoSox called up a player to replace Ortiz today.

I didn't see that they called anyone up to replace Ortiz. They DFA'd RHP Mujica and the corresponding move was to recall 1B Travis Shaw. So, in that sense they replaced Ortiz with another batter, but the Sox will still have a 24-man roster tonight.

I didn't see that they called anyone up to replace Ortiz. They DFA'd RHP Mujica and the corresponding move was to recall 1B Travis Shaw. So, in that sense they replaced Ortiz with another batter, but the Sox will still have a 24-man roster tonight.

Ah ok. Read it on Rotoworld and they said Shaw was up to replace Ortiz. I know Barnes is supposed to replace Mujica but I guess that will be after Ortiz returns.

Archived