I thoroughly enjoyed Big Baby getting tossed

Frobby

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Palmer, back on his sofa, was not impressed by Ortiz’s actions, and in a series of tweets let his feelings be known
Gordon Edes can kiss my rear, if he uses mouthwash first :angryfire:

"Oh yeah, yeah, yeah," Ortiz said when asked whether he was aware of Palmer's comments. "Whatever. Whatever he say.

"That's how he wants to get respect from us? Is that how he wants me to respect him? It's not going to happen."

Ortiz was asked if he'd had problems with Palmer in the past.

"No, actually I thought that he was one of my guys," Ortiz said. "All of a sudden now he's killing me, huh? I guess anybody who wants to get famous or make some noise comes to Papi, right?"

Told that Palmer said he wasn't hating on Ortiz, just on his getting thrown out, Ortiz said: "All right, I'll take a note."

source - ESPN

What a horse's rear! Yeah, Papi nobody ever heard of Palmer before yesterday, right? He has a plaque in Cooperstown, which hopefully you'll never have.

source - ESPN

What a horse's rear! Yeah, Papi nobody ever heard of Palmer before yesterday, right? He has a plaque in Cooperstown, which hopefully you'll never have.

Yes. Hall of Famer and Naked Gun cameo actor Jim Palmer is dragging David Ortiz's good name through the mud so he can get famous.

source - ESPN

What a piece of trash. Yeah, there's a guy who respects the game. If only a no doubt Hall of Famer could be as famous as this steroid abusing clown.

BTW, when is his suspension going to be announced?

source - ESPN

Big Papi is an idiot. What part of Jim's comments made him think Palmer was trying to get respect. David Ortiz and Boston deserve each other.

“This game is about winning. What did he do yesterday to help the Sox win? Was there any redeeming or positive outcome from his actions? Only for the Orioles.

“How long would a pitcher last on the mound if he had the same histrionics as Ortiz had yesterday? I'm not his judge and jury. I was tweeting about his conduct yesterday, which, in my opinion, is indefensible."

They have been giving it back to him, some of which I won't repost for the vulgarity.

A troll, by the fact that they are trolls and not a multimillionaire HOF Pitcher with a very nice family and an attractive wife, is by definition - Unable to Give Jim Back Anything.

love Jim messing with the Twitter trolls/idiots.
They have been giving it back to him, some of which I won't repost for the vulgarity.

Some of Palmer's critics are showing extreme ignorance:

Kriss Fraser states:

Ortiz is the face of MEN ... INTENSITY, WINS GAMES. NOT WHINING ... perhaps that's why I never heard of you.

https://twitter.com/KrissFraser/status/590276373257814018

If you want to call Palmer a jerk, pompous, a jealous ex-player, etc., that's one thing.

But saying that you have never heard of Jim Palmer is tantamount to an Oriole fan saying that they have never heard of Carl Yastrzemski.

It makes YOU come across as an airhead ...... it isn't insulting to Palmer at all.

Oh, he'll have one. But he's still a self-entitled jerk.
Palmer disagrees about the Hall

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/the_rob_rogers">@the_rob_rogers</a> don't bet on it ..remember the 2003 drug test</p>— Jim Palmer (@Jim22Palmer) <a href="

">April 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived