Orioles on SNL

BMann

Saturday Night Live just did a skit on the fan-less game at Camden Yards. Tarin Killam played Jim Palmer, Kenan Thompson played Frank Robinson, and Scarlett Johansson played Amber Theoharis. It had a few laughs at Bmore's expense. Not bad...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zw62pe4BIoc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SNL is embarrassingly bad now. Could have been funny but just not even close.

Yeah, that wasn't funny. Scarlett (independent of her looks) was the most interesting thing about that skit. I think part of the problem is that the no fan game is not inherently funny. It is bizarre. So unless you are French,you need comedic skills to find the humor in it.

Yeah, that wasn't funny. Scarlett (independent of her looks) was the most interesting thing about that skit. I think part of the problem is that that the no fan game is not inherently funny. It is bizarre. So unless you are French,you need comedic skills to find the humor in it.

All you need is the awkward comedian. Bob Newhart would'a nailed it. BTW horrible impression of Jim Palmer o.O

I love SNL, but that is pretty embarrassingly bad. The impressions, which they usually do fairly well, sucked really bad.

If they didn't say who they were supposed to be I would have never guessed. I suppose they figured the only people who would know about what Jim Palmer and Frank looked and acted like would be out rioting.

I understand why they do Frank Robinson instead of Gary... but how do they dig up Amber into this? Did they just google search "Orioles sideline reporter" and run with it?

When you want to get your guest host into the gig then it is either Amber or Britt.

Or maybe a ball girl.

Ball girl could have been funny.

Could have had folks overhearing a player hitting on her.

If they didn't say who they were supposed to be I would have never guessed. I suppose they figured the only people who would know about what Jim Palmer and Frank looked and acted like would be out rioting.

I don't think many of the rioters know who Frank is, wrong generation.

Archived