Offensive woes - 11 out of 34 games 2 runs or less, 2.9 runs per game in May

O's are Legends

Yes, the defense at times has been horrible and sloppy, Tillman & Norris haven't been good at all either. With that being said the offense has to pick it up also.

Through 20 games in April, the O's averaged 5.6 runs a game. Not that I would expect them to keep up that pace but here in May it hasn't been good at all. 2.9 per let's hope the offense can start to pick it up again.

Hopefully, two of Hardy, DeAza, Pearce, Snider etc. can get it going. Wish Schoop a speedy recovery.

Trying to keep a bit of optimism despite the team looking terrible in many facets right now.

Yes' date=' the defense at times has been horrible and sloppy, Tillman & Norris haven't been good at all either. With that being said the offense has to pick it up also.

Through 20 games in April, the O's averaged 5.6 runs a game. Not that I would expect them to keep up that pace but here in May it hasn't been good at all. 2.9 per let's hope the offense can start to pick it up again.

Hopefully, two of Hardy, DeAza, Pearce, Snider etc. can get it going. Wish Schoop a speedy recovery.

Trying to keep a bit of optimism despite the team looking terrible in many facets right now.[/quote']

The offense has been bad but in order for Snider to get it going Buck probably has to play more than one spot start a week or a PH appearance. The rest of these guys have had or will have a chance at steady ABs.

Travis Snider has a 93 wRC+. Delmon Young has a 80 WRC+. Yet Delmon Young is never included in the list of people not holding up their end.

Apparently all it takes is a few batting average points for people to completely lose all logic. Delmon Young hasn't hit well either everyone. I don't care if his BA is over .290 and he gets the honor of batting 4th.

Travis Snider has a 93 wRC+. Delmon Young has a 80 WRC+. Yet Delmon Young is never included in the list of people not holding up their end.

Apparently all it take is a few batting average points for people to completely lose all logic. Delmon Young hasn't hit well either everyone. I don't care if his BA is over .290 and he gets the honor of batting 4th.

People aren't batting him 4th.

Buck is.

Exactly, and I haven't seen anyone jump up and down when Buck had him penciled in there. If uses him anything more than the the way he did last year (and he already appears to be doing so) then we're going to really dislike Young by the end of the season.

Exactly, and I haven't seen anyone jump up and down when Buck had him penciled in there. If uses him anything more than the the way he did last year (and he already appears to be doing so) then we're going to really dislike Young by the end of the season.

I complain about it, but I haven't been around much lately. It really is stupid that Delmon keeps playing every day.

I complain about it, but I haven't been around much lately. It really is stupid that Delmon keeps playing every day.

0 HR, 0 3B, 4 2B... .315 OBP, .337 SLG... absolutely replacement level. Essentially anything would be better than bringing him out constantly. I said in the off season, we wouldn't like the results of D Young if we exposed him everyday. Let's use him in spot starts against some lefties and PHing whenever we need a big hit.

I don't get the jist of this thread's comment after the Op! It seems somehow having Delmon Young in the lineup too often is seen as the reason the team is only scoring 2.9 runs per game in May? I may not be the brightist bulb in the pack but this view is nonsensical to me to blame all of this on Delmon! Just utterly absurd. The entire offense other than Hardy recently has been in a funk especially Jones and Davis. So instead we blame it on Delmon Young???? Gimme a break!!

Did Joseph start because Wright was pitching? I thought Lavarnway was going to start. Joseph is like 1 for his last. 22.

Buck said it was because of Joseph's familiarity with him from the minors, he wanted him to be comfortable.

Archived