Steve Clevenger Recalled ...... Ryan Lavarnway DFA'd

OFFNY

Good insight. Also wonder if this is an audition for Clevenger for other teams. He was reportedly close to being traded before he had a minor injury earlier this season.

Clevenger may be the backup to Joseph next year.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should have happened two weeks ago. He should have been at the plate in Miami rather than Lavarnway. I have no evidence either but I did make the comment in the game thread that Lavarnway would be DFAd after that fail and that this would likel be a DD move as Clevenger, for whatever reason, seems to have not been a favorite of Buck's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like Bucks defense 1st mentally but sometimes he takes it to extremes this team is not built to win 1-0 ball games I welcome ANY hot LH BAT.

I like Bucks defense 1st mentally but sometimes he takes it to extremes this team is not built to win 1-0 ball games I welcome ANY hot LH BAT.

That mentality takes a hit when he does things like playing Delmon almost every day in the OF.

The rumbling was that Clevenger questioned why he was batting so low in the lineup last year after his hit start. that got to Buck and he was soon sent back to the minors. Perhaps he's learned from that mistake. He's certainly hit down in AAA, so good for him to force his way back to the major leagues.

Oh Buck was probably pissed. haha. " How many times do I have to tell you Clevenger, I've went whole seasons with JJ batting 2nd, Davis batting 5th and Delmon batting cleanup. Don't question my loyalty to my guys. " -Buck :vader:

After serving his 1 year Oriole ban he gets another chance. I want to see this guy get some real AB's. Jimmy can play 2nd and he can DH. Or Davis can see the pine or play RF. Get him in the lineup against RHP for a nice little stretch of AB's. I think he has some Parades magic in his bat.

I wonder why it took so long? Was it to teach Clevenger a lesson (if those rumors about him being irritated with his spot in the lineup are true)?

This is all a moot point anyway, IMO. Wieters will be back soon and Clevenger will be sent back down to AAA.

I don't know how much it will matter, since his time here may be short but this is nice to see and long overdue. At least the Orioles can admit they made the mistake of picking the wring backup catcher coming out of Spring Training. Nice to see they can swallow some pride, I just wish it wouldn't have taken so long.

Oh Buck was probably pissed. haha. " How many times do I have to tell you Clevenger, I've went whole seasons with JJ batting 2nd, Davis batting 5th and Delmon batting cleanup. Don't question my loyalty to my guys. " -Buck :vader:

After serving his 1 year Oriole ban he gets another chance. I want to see this guy get some real AB's. Jimmy can play 2nd and he can DH. Or Davis can see the pine or play RF. Get him in the lineup against RHP for a nice little stretch of AB's. I think he has some Parades magic in his bat.

He better get those ABs in a hurry. I can't imagine Buck putting in his second catcher in the DH spot though. I think maybe he's done it once or twice. I just can't see him here for any extended period of time unless Wieters has some kind of setback.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't it possible that Clevenger might be the best minor league bat we have and while he has an audition until Weiters return that our best offense could be carrying 3 catchers and dropping an OF or Pitcher once Weiters is back? Looking at our daily line-up with no power from LF/RF and virtually no quality bats from Davis our line-up is desperate for more hitters.

He's a got a long way to go to make up the 7 WAR that Arrieta has been worth since going to the Cubs!

Haha, I was just about to say that I'm still holding out hope that Clevenger puts in a breakout season, proves to be a future Hall of Famer and the O's end up winning that Feldman trade with the Cubs after all...

Archived