Long Term: Jimmy Paredes

Oriolesfan4life

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys are nuts with this stuff. He is in a four game slump and two of those games were a double header! Jimmy Paredes was not going to be a 1.000 OPS guy for the season, but even the greatest hitters in history have the occasional 1-16 skid.

So it is nuts to assume a guy playing above his head may fall back to the norm? Yes, CRAZY:)

I like Jimmy P but is a valid and very debatable point.

I think he has and it was bound to happen. Will he make the necessary adjustments? I'm a little skeptical. He's a hacker and I think the league is figuring out they don't have to throw him strikes to get him out.

It was nice while it lasted. Let's hope he just doesn't turn into a complete dud.

Well, he could just be slumping but his approach right now is awful, chasing pitches and he visibly looks frustrated on strikes that don't go his way. I mean, I hate the umpires but he looks like he's pouting at times. Get it together.

You guys are nuts with this stuff. He is in a four game slump and two of those games were a double header! Jimmy Paredes was not going to be a 1.000 OPS guy for the season, but even the greatest hitters in history have the occasional 1-16 skid.

His numbers coming into this year don't exactly overwhelm me.

From what I see, he is trying to pull everything. When he was hitting well, he was getting some hits against the shift, but he doesn't seem to making an attempt to do that during the slump. Pitches at the outer edge of the plate are pulled into the shift, instead of hit the other way.

When Adam Jones was hot, he too was using the whole field.

So it is nuts to assume a guy playing above his head may fall back to the norm? Yes, CRAZY:)

I like Jimmy P but is a valid and very debatable point.

No. I am not convinced Parades is a MLB starter long term either (since he lacks the glove for anywhere but DH or potentially 1st) but using 4 games as evidence that the other shoe is dropping is the kind of foolishness that leads to wanting to trade David Lough for Nate McLouth.

No. I am not convinced Parades is a MLB starter long term either (since he lacks the glove for anywhere but DH or potentially 1st) but using 4 games as evidence that the other shoe is dropping is the kind of foolishness that leads to wanting to trade David Lough for Nate McLouth.

Ha ha. Good post. I still not like Dave Lough. Terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He doesn't help himself when he pouts on borderline called strikes. It doesn't endear you to the umpires, but more importantly it gives the pitcher information about what pitches you don't think you can hit.

Today in the 5th he pouted about a high outside strike against Odorizzi, and then Odorizzi blew two fastballs by him in the same location.

I think Jimmy is simply trying too hard and getting frustrated as beforehand everything was dropping for him. That could be the pressure of not having a locked up long term place in the side for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think his weaknesses are being exposed and the book is out on him. He is not great batting right-handed, and as a lefty he is vulnerable to swinging over breaking balls down and in (similar to De Aza). They are almost always starting him with breaking balls and he hasn't adjusted.

We have seen enough from Paredes vs LHP (.222/.222/.296/.5190. Since we have also seen enough of Young in RF, I would move Delmon to DH vs LHP (Wieters as soon as he is available). Play Snider every day in RF. I would rather have Snider hit lefties than Paredes.

He's also very weak on the high fastball. Odorizzi ate him up on the high fastball on the outer third of the plate yesterday. Looks to me like he's joining the rest of the team in getting a little "pull happy".
Oderizzi has a great CH as did Erasmo. Tough to catch up with the high FB when you have to be ready for the CH.

He doesn't help himself when he pouts on borderline called strikes. It doesn't endear you to the umpires, but more importantly it gives the pitcher information about what pitches you don't think you can hit.

Today in the 5th he pouted about a high outside strike against Odorizzi, and then Odorizzi blew two fastballs by him in the same location.

Seriously, man, did you cut and paste this this from one of my posts in another thread?

Alright, I'm kidding, but I have posted a similar thought. Yeah, his attitude stinks. It's like watching a kid in LL or....David Ortiz.

Archived