vs. ASTROS, 6/01

OFFNY

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm done tonight. I'm not going to waste my time here for this game. If they showed at least some competence I'd watch but they haven't. This team has been masterful in losing games and they do just enough to lose. This game shouldn't of been close and now their losing. I apologize, I know your supposed to stick with it but I just can't tonight. I wish them and you guys the best of luck. I'll be back tomorrow rooting for them.

You're going to see this team go on some long, agonizing losing streaks.They don't have it. Night in and night out they find ways to lose, even after getting leads.

Hasn't happened yet. The sky isn't falling, Roy. The division is weak and we aren't that far back. Take it easy, man.

You're going to see this team go on some long, agonizing losing streaks.They don't have it. Night in and night out they find ways to lose, even after getting leads.

They are going to right the ship some and still end over .500. In the AL Least, that's all you need to be in the conversation come September.

What I don't understand is why Buck didn't have Brach warmed up, if his plan was to take Ubaldo out as soon as he allowed a base runner.

It may have been a reasonable decision to pull Ubaldo, but if you know you are ready to give the hook, you have to have a guy warmed up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• The link you posted didn't say anything about 800 pounds.  I don't recall the exact article I linked earlier but his one says 455, which is a lot less that 600 and no where near 800. https://www.baltimoresun.com/2024/02/20/orioles-jackson-holliday-offseason-training-program/ This says 425: https://www.instagram.com/p/CoQDO6sjzEt/   So someone said something else, you had a fit about it.  Then today someone said 800 pounds, as a joke, and you ran with it.    
    • Maybe as big a decision Elias has in the next few months is whether to make him a priority play for the tournament.    His talent evaluation results overall are pretty good. MLB's 1-1 high school infielders since 1990 are: Best - Chipper, A-Rod, Mauer, Bryce (honorary status as a recent infield convert) Middle - Adrian Gonzalez, BJ Upton*, Justin Upton, Correa, Royce Lewis Worst - Matt Bush, Tim Beckham *BJ Upton went 1-2 but commanded more bonus so as Elias has taught us each draft pool dollar means something. The Orioles have also put a lot of time into Jorge Mateo with nice return, and it may be bad process to tinker with your keystone combo too close to the big dance.   Time horizon is more like weeks if you want half a season for them to gel, and the glass is half full.    Glass half empty, I guess it still isn't out of the range of outcomes Holliday ending up with the Mountcastle International League MVP and a little bit more to work on kind of deal.
    • We will be on Sunday Night Baseball in 2 weeks when we play the Rangers. That was just announced today.
    • That is fine.  You can have your opinion. However it is my strong opinion that you have no idea what you are talking about. 
    • Hey man. If you're going to make fun of bowling, at least get your details right. The furthest set of dots from the foul line is 15 feet. The closest set is 12 feet.
    • Actually, Friday still has some tickets remaining. Saturday and Sunday are sold out.
    • In this thread last month you lambasted me because I said JH was not that strong and looked weak.  You as a result said that JH squats and DLs 800 pounds.  You went on and on about how wrong I was and how strong JH was.  I literally LAUGHED for a solid minute after reading that but didn't respond because I thought you had to be joking and you have continually cut me down in almost any post I make so I let it go. But then you doubled down with your comment earlier today about his power lifting numbers....again. So since I know that you directed that comment at me, it is time for me to come at you with some cold hard facts and to show  how wrong...not just wrong but in another universe wrong...that you were and are. 
  • Popular Contributors