You do realize that We are officially out of the Wild Card

weams

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a lot of "parity" among the mediocre teams in the AL. If any team can get hot for a couple of weeks, including our beloved O's, then a wildcard spot is there for the taking. Two or three good turns through the rotation can make a huge difference at this point.

It's over.It really is we don't have the horse's to play these teams,haven't you noticed that.

We are 25-44 against teams that I would consider still in the WC/playoff hunt (HOU, LAA, KC, MIN, NYM, NYY, TB, TX, TOR, WSN).

We have a winning record against only Tampa.

Ok ...... Perhaps you are right about position players....or perhaps not. Let's see.... We had a long period where we had only B Rob as a quality MLB starter.

Who is on the roster now who fits that label. Again I don't think you can count Jones and Davis.

Machado was a high 1st rounder and I think anyone could've got him to the majors. So that would really leave Schoop and Joseph. And Markakis between the two of them. Problem is that you could argue that we also have problems with conditioning as the injuries have been off the chart.

We are 25-44 against teams that I would consider still in the WC/playoff hunt (HOU, LAA, KC, MIN, NYM, NYY, TB, TX, TOR, WSN).

We have a winning record against only Tampa.

This is not a very good team. Better than the dark years, but a pretty meh attempt by the staph.

That spelling was intended.

I want to be optimistic but it is tough. Almost all of our remaining games are against winning teams and we've been awful against them this year. The O's are what they are - a mediocre team right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is more of a commentary on the sad state of The American league rather than an acknowledgment towards any shred of optimism.

There's a lot of balance in the league. Right now only three teams are on pace to win 90+ games, and of those, only Kansas City is certain to do it. You have to think some team will get hot in the end, but maybe not. Maybe this is the year that 85 wins earns a wild card berth.

'

I feel like practically speaking there's a divisional realignment the last five weeks.

The ALWC2

Minnesota 65-61, -

Texas 64-61, 0.5 GB

LA Angels 64-62, 1 GB

Batlimore 63-63, 2 GB

Tampa Bay 62-64, 3 GB

Despite our poor play of late, we are the ONLY team in this group with a positive run differential this season, and 50+ runs ahead of the next closest by that standard.

Archived