Delmon probably plays the next four games

wildcard

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I iknow he's done a pretty good job but some of his AB's are painful to watch. Him and Snider sure like they never catch up to premium heat. Delmon loves those pitches at the knees. Unfortunately, they're in the dirt by the time he swings at most of them.

Yeah he swings at some unhittable pitches in the dirt but he also hits more low strikes for base hits that are sure out pitches for 99% of the best hitters in the world. Imo Chris Davis when he strikes out either looking at a fat pitch right down the middle or waving at a ball waaay out of the strike zone is vastly more painful to watch yet for some reason here people want to complain about Young who arguably is the second or third best pure hitter on the team!

Yeah he swings at some unhittable pitches in the dirt but he also hits more low strikes for base hits that are sure out pitches for 99% of the best hitters in the world. Imo Chris Davis when he strikes out either looking at a fat pitch right down the middle or waving at a ball waaay out of the strike zone is vastly more painful to watch yet for some reason here people want to complain about Young who arguably is the second or third best pure hitter on the team!

Chris Davis has a .778 OPS. Delmon at .688. So you would be incorrect in your assessment.

Even if that were true, it explains half the problems with the Orioles offense. There's a reason why Delmon Young has bounced around so much in his career despite being a former #1 overall pick: He's not very good.

We have opposite views on what is pleasurable to watch. Low OBP, low SLG hitters who swing at everything are basically the last thing I want to watch.

Walks are the most boring thing to me to watch in baseball other than pitching changes. Give me a free swinging hacker like Delmon or Vlad Guerro to watch any day of the week. Imo those types of hitters are amazing to watch!

Chris Davis has a .778 OPS. Delmon at .688. So you would be incorrect in your assessment.

I don't agree when it comes to painful to watch Davis takes the cake as his strikeouts are absolutely woeful as is his BA which is pitiful. Meanwhile, Delmon is a hitting machine. Last I saw he is around 300.

I'm not looking for "pure". I'm looking for productive. Delmon Young has the 5th most AB's on the team. He's 7th in RBI despite batting 4th a lot. He has a .688 OPS. If that's pure, I'll take someone a little dirty.

So Davis leading the league in whiffing is productive and Delmon hitting 298 isnt? Gimme a break! All I know is with the game on the line and a tough reliever or closer out there and a hit needed ( not a homer) give me young over Davis anyday.

Even if that were true, it explains half the problems with the Orioles offense. There's a reason why Delmon Young has bounced around so much in his career despite being a former #1 overall pick: He's not very good.

Well your definition of not very good sure is a strange one imo. He is hitting 298 and in his last 10 games on tear. Also for all the bashing here of his defense I believe he was leading the league in assists from rf and he hasn't even played there every game! I think the reason he has bounced around has more to do with his off field issues.

I don't agree when it comes to painful to watch Davis takes the cake as his strikeouts are absolutely woeful as is his BA which is pitiful. Meanwhile, Delmon is a hitting machine. Last I saw he is around 300.

I don't believe it.

I just don't.

You have been here too long to still fall victim to batting average.

I don't believe it.

I just don't.

You have been here too long to still fall victim to batting average.

You have to agree that Davis looks far more clueless at the plate with his prolific propensity for striking out both with his bat on his shoulder and staring at strike three than Delmon who almost always gets in a good hack. Davis far too many times looks like he missed his dose of Adderall am sorry to say and I do like him!

You have to agree that Davis looks far more clueless at the plate with his prolific propensity for striking out both with his bat on his shoulder and staring at strike three than Delmon who almost always gets in a good hack. Davis far too many times looks like he missed his dose of Adderall am sorry to say and I do like him!

I don't have to agree.

I would rather a hitter take a borderline pitch that they know they can't drive then have them make weak contact on a pitcher's pitch.

I don't have to agree.

I would rather a hitter take a borderline pitch that they know they can't drive then have them make weak contact on a pitcher's pitch.

I would generally agree with that except when there are two strikes as weak contact is usually better than no contact on a called strike three.

When he does, he isn't very good:

[TABLE=class: sortable stats_table]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD]Two Strikes[/TD]

[TD=align: right]29[/TD]

[TD=align: right][/TD]

[TD=align: right]62[/TD]

[TD=align: right]59[/TD]

[TD=align: right]3[/TD]

[TD=align: right]13[/TD]

[TD=align: right]1[/TD]

[TD=align: right]0[/TD]