Francoeur says "We owe those guys an ass-whuppin to be honest with you."

Bigbie03

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed. If you read the whole article, it is clear that Francouer didn't mean his comment as a shot at the Orioles.

Now let's go give them another ass-whuppin'.

I can't believe this team has a $143 mm payroll. What a holy mess.

In fairness, if they had a GM with an ounce of common sense that payroll would be significantly lower. The smartest thing the Red Sox did was getting the Dodgers to eat all their dead money or they would be the Phillies right now. Amaro is an idiot for holding on to the guys he did as long as he did.

Agreed. If you read the whole article, it is clear that Francouer didn't mean his comment as a shot at the Orioles.

Now let's go give them another ass-whuppin'.

I can't believe this team has a $143 mm payroll. What a holy mess.

This is what happens when you overpay for older players and they all go bad at once. You end up with a $143 million worth of onfield garbage. Andy MacPhail has proven he's pretty good at "fire sales" so perhaps he would be a good one to start presiding over this mess, at least if he's willing to do the trading of course.

Eh this isn't a big deal. You lose 19-3 and you want to beat them. I've gotten my ass kicked like the Phillies did several times in friendly matches in Madden or Words With Friends with siblings or friends and I always want to go out and kick ass next game. I don't blame Francoeur for this. Not a big deal in the slightest but the Phils just aren't a good team and I think a lot of that is Amaro's fault too. Not real impressed with Ryne's managing either though. I hope for their sake they get MacPhail to help them out because they're a lot like we were when AM took over but maybe in even worse shape since we didn't have anything like the Howard contract.

This is what happens when you overpay for older players and they all go bad at once. You end up with a $143 million worth of onfield garbage. Andy MacPhail has proven he's pretty good at "fire sales" so perhaps he would be a good one to start presiding over this mess, at least if he's willing to do the trading of course.
If any one can get a boatload for Hamels it's Andy, provided there's enough percolating time left.

What do people expect Francoeur to say? Its human nature when handed a beat down and your a competitive person to want some payback. I took his comments as more a commentary about how they need to play better than a slam at us for running up the score or solidly whooping there butts.

If any one can get a boatload for Hamels it's Andy, provided there's enough percolating time left.

Yeah if I were a Philly fan, I'd be hoping they got AM and they would see what he got for Bedard here. Granted Erik wasn't making nearly as much money as Cole is but Hamels is more durable and would have more years on the deal too. Philly fans are going to have to be patient though if they do hire AM. He's not going to make them into instant-contenders and they're going to hate how he plays FA but MacPhail as a pure trader is one of the best I've ever seen. The sports talking heads talk about the Bedard deal which was great but I actually think from a pure value perspective that Jim Hoey and Brett Jacobson for Hardy may have been his most brilliant. Two relievers for a GG, power hitting SS who was still in his prime.

Not surprised at Franc's attitude. I still don't like having to play them at their place the day after inflicting such a beating. They'll either be seriously motivated (like Franc) for revenge (and actually play like a major-league team), or they might start throwing at our guys and/or starting a brawl. We don?t knee Manny getting beaned or turning a knee while we're trying to win a division.

They're awful, but it's not like they can't whip up a two-game win streak at our expense. This is MLB, not college football - a terrible team is still going to win 55-65 games. Just hope the Birds stay focused and come to play tonight. I'm confident they will.

In fairness, if they had a GM with an ounce of common sense that payroll would be significantly lower. The smartest thing the Red Sox did was getting the Dodgers to eat all their dead money or they would be the Phillies right now. Amaro is an idiot for holding on to the guys he did as long as he did.

Some would say the Sox are the Phillies right now. ;)

I must have missed something. The Phillies got clobbered yesterday, but do they have any reason to feel aggrieved towards the O's? It's not like we were stealing bases against them in the late innings. It sucks for Francoeur that he had to throw 2 innings, but that's his manager's fault.

That's how I read it at first, but I don't think that's what he meant. He's just saying that they need to crush the Orioles like the Orioles crushed them last night.

Well said. He was far too generous with long and ridiculously expensive contracts.

It looks like he's going to try to ride the Utley and Howard trains all the way to the end of the tracks. The Phillies will end up with nothing in return. He wants way too much talent and apparently is unwilling to eat much of their contracts.

Meanwhile, he also has been unable to deal Hamels. I hope, for Philly's sake, that he can do that before this year's trade deadline.

It's an organization with no talent at the top and scarce talent in the minors. If AM wants to get involved in that mess, he needs some luck.

Well said. He was far too generous with long and ridiculously expensive contracts.

It looks like he's going to try to ride the Utley and Howard trains all the way to the end of the tracks. The Phillies will end up with nothing in return. He wants way too much talent and apparently is unwilling to eat much of their contracts.

Meanwhile, he also has been unable to deal Hamels. I hope, for Philly's sake, that he can do that before this year's trade deadline.

It's an organization with no talent at the top and scarce talent in the minors. If AM wants to get involved in that mess, he needs some luck.

I think AM really wanted the MLB Commish job.

Now that isn't happening, he wants to get his foot back in the door and he likes a good challenge.

Lord knows, this would be a good challenge.

If it wasn't for how terrible the Phillies are Franc wouldn't be in the majors right now.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Exactly. Well I WAS worried about a let down after last nights beat down. Thanks for the bulletin board material. I just hope they don't try to involve us in some bean ball war. We're above them. They aren't even in the AL. And most importantly we don't need any body getting hurt or suspended.

If Macphail can fix that mess,then I have to say he's the Larry Brown of baseball GM's.

Archived