So who wants Baldelli?

HoodGuy007

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It doesn't matter...You are being too short sighted.

They may want Fogg. See, you think if Wright goes down tomorrow that Penn is in the rotation and i think you are wrong. That is not how the O's operate.

You're reaching a little, because Pitcher with Upside traded for player with any risk whatsoever is not how the Orioles operate.

Darn it. I wished the Orioles would have followed this rule with the Kris Benson trade.

Okay, "player from whom the Orioles have not wrung every drop of Oriole-percieved upside for player with any risk whatsoever" is not how the Orioles operate.

Better?

Tejada in the prime of his career to near-contender for very good prospects? Not gonna happen. Tejada at age 36 when he's killing the team to Pittsburgh for a bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos and a 42-year old LOOGY? Where do we sign?

Okay, "player from whom the Orioles have not wrung every drop of Oriole-percieved upside for player with any risk whatsoever" is not how the Orioles operate.

Better?

Tejada in the prime of his career to near-contender for very good prospects? Not gonna happen. Tejada at age 36 when he's killing the team to Pittsburgh for a bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos and a 42-year old LOOGY? Where do we sign?

I agree that they're usually very risk-averse. But how do you explain the Britton-Wright deal? Britton seems like a pretty stable, generic reliever with a tiny bit of closer upside, but Wright might be anything from totally useless to a 15-game winner.

I agree that they're usually very risk-averse. But how do you explain the Britton-Wright deal? Britton seems like a pretty stable, generic reliever with a tiny bit of closer upside, but Wright might be anything from totally useless to a 15-game winner.

Come on, that one is easy. Leo Mazzone.

I thought the Orioles thought Britton was an injury risk, due to his fat fat fattyness?

Anyway, my point is that the Orioles don't make trades like Penn/Ray for Baldelli, so using "The Orioles don't operate that way" in defense of how good this trade is is not really helping oneself out.

Archived