This is A Mess (Mega RANT Thread)

eddie83

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not seeing the value that Parm is providing over Snider. Hopefully this situation will change after the all-star break. I don't think Snider is a great player or anything but in a game like today's you need anything you can get to give you a spark. Snider may have been able to muster at least one hit, which could have manufactured a run.

Parm is not the answer. Anyone should be able to see that at this point. He beat up on bad Phillies pitching for a few days and has been very quiet at the plate since. Unimpressive.

I agree it is easy to see he can't catch up to a fast ball in the upper stoke zone. He looks as bad as Demon Young did on that pitch and location and I believe that was a reason why Delmon was released.

I really don't care much about Parmelee vs. Snider. Neither one is exactly setting the world on fire. We really haven't had sustained good play from either of the corner OF spots (and/or 1B when Parmelee is there) no matter who has played these positions.

I really don't care much about Parmelee vs. Snider. Neither one is exactly setting the world on fire. We really haven't had sustained good play from either of the corner OF spots (and/or 1B when Parmelee is there) no matter who has played these positions.

I think Kim Jong-un is trying to set the world on fire. Was he signed by the Orioles and released? Nevermind,it was Suk_min Yoon.

Pretty accurate post.

Bad defense, particularly in the outfield is overrated. Manny Remirez was a notoriously bad outfielder. Nelson Cruz wasn't exactly Adam Jones either. You score enough runs and get a lead, you replace them for defense.

This is the same logic that Boston had. How has it worked out for them?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I have seen RAmirez play the outfield. Still would rather have someone of his offensive skills over Snider. He'll never be a gold Glover, but playing left field in Boston would probably take just about anyone a little time getting used to.

Hah. He will never even be below average. That is how bad He is. Plus he doesn't have the work ethic to get better in the OF.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Parmelee has a .935 OPS at home and only a .633 OPS on the road. Given these numbers and his career it's obvious that he's much better in smaller ballparks. Those long fly balls he hits are HR's or doubles at home and fly ball outs on the road. He is what he is. But then again our team as a whole does better in OPACY.

Archived