This is A Mess (Mega RANT Thread)

eddie83

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Snyder good - should be playing full time. The rest can go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is Snyder good? Can't be his .688 OPS or mediocre defense.

Our options are poop that is the problem. They are all equally subpar. My favorite guy of the bunch is on the DL.....Pearce.

Really hope we address the corner outfield in the offseason and don't go into 2016 with the same plan of let's throw a bunch of crap at the wall and hope something sticks.

It's his responsibility, sure. That's the job. Everyone understands that people will criticize results even if the underlying plan was solid. GMs often get fired for all kinds of stuff only vaguely in their control. Much easier to fire a manager or a GM than all the players who didn't do their jobs, or got hurt, or didn't develop.

The question for this year is --- was the underlying plan solid?

(And to be clear, I'm not suggesting he be fired.)

Right, the plan was made from gelatin. It had some shape, but no real structure. I'm not advocating for firing DD either, but the tired slogan I kept seeing in the spring - "In DD we trust!" should be reevaluated over the course of the next 8 months...

Right, the plan was made from gelatin. It had some shape, but no real structure. I'm not advocating for firing DD either, but the tired slogan I kept seeing in the spring - "In DD we trust!" should be reevaluated over the course of the next 8 months...

The plan was this:

"Oh snap! I can't go to Toronto and I let a couple of the best players on the Orioles walk! I know, I'll just grab some AAAA talent and hope I get lucky!"

I've heard of worse plans under duress.

MSK

Well no, the idea was "hey let's hope this guy outperforms his normal, and same for these two other guys; oh and let's hope Chris Davis magically pulls it back together; oh and that rotation, yea lets just HOPE it can overachieve again.

I love this team but man there are a ton of holes

I honestly wouldn't mind if we just released all these guys right now. They all suck.

I am ready for some new blood. Not saying the players we bring in excite me but I am sick of watching some of these guys. They aren't the future or the present.

Archived